Kimber Talk Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
I still want to know if it was the forum software or an administrator that decided that Phil was using a racist term. From the sounds of his last post he might not be returning here. I PM'd an administrator about this the other day but haven't heard anything back.
I would be interested to know myself however IMO makes no difference who or what made the call...I say it is WRONG and I don't like it!
It sounds like a software thing cause I would hope an administrator would be able to read the context of the post and determined it is NOT racist or offensive.
We have mentioned ******* many times on the old software without issues.

If he stops posting here, I wouldn't blame him one bit and I might even join him.

I know the new people in charge could care less if anyone leaves the forum.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I still want to know if it was the forum software or an administrator that decided that Phil was using a racist term. From the sounds of his last post he might not be returning here.
Phil's gone? Does that mean you're going to invite The Tourist back?

We can sit here wringing our hands over what might or might not be. It's not like I'm going to get wound up one way or the other, but I'm curious. Let's do an experiment. Are you ready? Ok, stand back... *******!

Edit:
See those asterisks? I typed in Phil's dog's name, and the forum software censored me. Verticalscope is racist against canines who hunt procyons!

Edit Again:
As another experiment, I just typed in the seven words you can't say on television. Kimbertalk didn't censor ANY of them. Out of my own personal sense of decorum, I deleted them.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I still want to know if it was the forum software or an administrator that decided that Phil was using a racist term. From the sounds of his last post he might not be returning here. I PM'd an administrator about this the other day but haven't heard anything back.
...I hope you can get some clarification on that and hopefully "cantankerous P" and "Big Sky" too will show back up? I had my 11 year old daughter read "Where The Red Fern Grows" for her summer reading assignment last year. A movie has NEVER made her cry like that book did :) As most of you know the dogs in the story were Black and Tan hounds that were bread to hunt. They're referred to as #$%@dogs, like Phil's pups name. That's because they have an innate drive to tree #%$&s. There's no racism involved in the term. Now on a somewhat related note my late hound Annie was a Blue Tic, a truly beautiful dog. I purchased her from a breeder in Hammond, LA when I lived in New Orleans. At the time my lady friend was a lovely thing from a well off old New Orleans family that had lived in the area for several hundred years. She was well educated and had essentially been raised by a black nanny. It was a cultural thing I guess? The first time Annie bayed in her presence she said "she's a @#gger chaser"!!! I'd never heard such a phrase and will admit the comment put a WTF expression on my face for sure. The tie in between hounds and the Antebellum old South does exist though even if many would never put the two together.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I don’t know what you can see or have access to as an admin. But software I used years ago had a setting in admin that you can enable to censor certain words. See if there is a setting for it and if so, adjust it accordingly. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
37,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
John, I'm a moderator, not an administrator.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
John, I'm a moderator, not an administrator.
I had mods that had certain admin priv to some things. Was just a thought.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Coonhound the most famous one of all! Smokey X

EDIT! This censorship SHIT is Fucking WRONG....

2nd EDIT: It censored Phil's dogs name, I tried it first then changed it to hound and not dog and you see everything else was "ok?"

Blue Tick Coonhound Smokey X.png

·
Registered
856 Posts
Seems like they are solving problems that don't exist, while creating more peoblems so they they can justify exerting control.

Thats a downward path that leads to the gutter.
Get woke go broke.

A forum dedicated to premium 1911s and high end Rifles probably isnt the best place to push this SWJ crap if they want compliance.

BTW, same Canadians run Walther forums as well.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Coonhound the most famous one of all! Smokey X

EDIT! This censorship SHIT is Fucking WRONG....

2nd EDIT: It censored Phil's dogs name, I tried it first then changed it to hound and not dog and you see everything else was "ok?"

View attachment 124993
I don't care what you say, that's one GOOD LOOKING HOUND-DOG!

I already miss Phil; hope he comes back.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I don't care what you say, that's one GOOD LOOKING HOUND-DOG!

I already miss Phil; hope he comes back.
I am partial to hounds myself but they require an understanding owner and some attention. The innate relentlessness when on a trail and baying are something to work through when they're a family pet 😬 They're a commitment for sure and all beautiful. I have to say (IMO) Blue Tics are in there own league when it comes to aesthetics. My Annie had absolutely no brown in her coat, a perfectly symmetrical mask and had a petite yet sturdy build. She literally glowed in the moonlight, it was uncanny. I lived in a suburb of NOLA and had a Honda XR 250 that was street legal :) I used to buzz around the area with Annie on my heals baying loud enough to wake the dead. She knew every kid (kissed them all) in the neighborhood as well as the other folk and dogs. She got along with everyone (except little furry things that scampered and gators, she hated gators). She fit right in when we she and I moved to Athens :) GO DAWGS!!!

·
Registered
13,714 Posts

What was the answer Chuck? Was it software or Admin?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Let the oppression continue.

Ya'll getting used to it yet? LMAO.
It's fair, it's 100%, A.I. is part of our daily lives.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Let the oppression continue.

Ya'll getting used to it yet? LMAO.
You are posting on a Canadian owned gun forum.
(Oh, the ironing)
Did you expect it to be a bastion of freedom?
Canadians dont understand.
They think fried ham is bacon, and put gravy on French fries.
Savages.

Reactions: admin

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
the folks on this forum are not in need of social policing or big brother editing content...
Your new AI overlords disagree.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves!"

Reactions: Bish
41 - 59 of 59 Posts