Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to Vickie's Dad's today and went by North Georgia Reloaders. They had some ammo, two stacks of ammo cans of 5.56 no limit except for the size of your bank account. Pistol ammo .380, 9mm, 357, .40, 45 all way over priced, 1 box limit.
The 5.56 NATO 55gr FMJ $299.99 for 250 rounds, $599.99 for 500 rounds. That's $1.20 per round.
I'm not paying that and probably not shooting much if any that I already may or may not have.
0225211248a (1).jpg
0225211248.jpg

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't pay that either.
Let ot sit for a while until they come to their senses.
I paid $0.25 CPR for 5.56 before the Wu-Tang Flu.
I'm not a player at .75 cpr. for 5.56 much less over a buck a round.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yup days of shooting 100's of rounds have been over since last year. If it doesn't get better soon shooting days will be over.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yup days of shooting 100's of rounds have been over since last year. If it doesn't get better soon shooting days will be over.
You must not remember the days after Sandy Hook.
Neck beards bought up all the .22 and 9mm.
Took a year or so before inventories filled back up.
Ammo manufacturers also sell to the government. They aren't going out of business.
Demand is just higher than supply right now.
This too shall pass.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I still think it will take awhile... the way the lines of folks waiting outside for the stores to open.. and the millions of firearms sold in the last year...hold tight this roller coaster hasn’t made a full circle yet

·
Registered
865 Posts
I still think it will take awhile... the way the lines of folks waiting outside for the stores to open.. and the millions of firearms sold in the last year...hold tight this roller coaster hasn’t made a full circle yet
Lots of new gun owners+flippers+peppers.
New gun owners don't shoot like sport shooters.
They will buy a few hundred rounds at best.
Most casual gun owners will look at you funny when you talk about burning through a few thousand rounds in an afternoon...lol.

Ammo is available now if you want to pay the price.
No lines. No waiting. Shipped right to your door.
If you want to buy the ticket, you can take the ride.

I predict the new guys will be full.
Market price will drop (it already has for 5.56) as higher priced stuff sits and new inventory rolls in.

6-8 months unless Camel Joe does something stupod we shluld see prices start to come down and shelves fill back up.
It will take years before you see .17cpr 9mm again if ever.

Reactions: Supertool

·
Super Moderator
37,634 Posts
With the way Biden is pushing for more gun control, I don't see an abundance of ammo or guns in the near future and as long as there are short supplies the prices will stay up. Doom on us for the next year or so.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
From what I read in sources like The American Rifleman, this may continue through 2022. This is from the CEO's of the ammo companies. Now with Jobama and Camelho in charge, you can count on them trying to TAX the crap out of ammunition to make it into the "unobtainum" category, just price it out of reach for the average American. Sneaky and highly effective way to circumvent the 2A and screw us all in the process.

Like many here, I'm sitting on about three years of 9mm and .45, but hesitant to go out and shoot more than 100 rounds at any one time for fear of not being able to replace my stash any time soon. My God do I ever miss our last REAL president and friend of the 2A.

·
Registered
865 Posts
American Rifleman is owned by the NRA.
They wish to control the narrative of fear and uncertainty.
I'm skeptical of anything from Wayne and Marion's perspective.

The CEO of Federal said they will have a new facility with trained staff up and running in roughly 6 months.
Ammo is already coming back in stock albeit at a much higher price due to supply and demand.

A month or so ago there was no ammo available.
Overall prices have plateaued, and started to fall.
GB or auction sites arent an accurate guage.

Check Ammoseek for a rough start.
Watch .223/5.56 prices.I use those as a bellweather.

Taxes and legislation have to be ran through elected bodies.

If Joe and the Ho do something like an EO stopping ammo imports, that would send a ripple through the industry and fuck us all for a very long time.
He can easily do that with the stroke of a pen.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
There's a lot more ammo in stock lately than there has been which will ultimately lead to lower prices if there isn't government meddling. That said, I think it's likely there will be significant government meddling in the near future. I would not be surprised to see things like heavy taxes or bans on imported ammo. Higher taxes on domestic ammo, including EPA related. Restrictions on internet ammo purchases for home delivery.... on and on. Hold on boys... we may be in a lull before the storm.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see what you did there. ;)

By the way... nice clean pics.
I sense we will be shooting a lot of .22lr this year...I have the most of that. Thanks, same old cell phone guess I just got lucky on the pics.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just heard on the radio (traveling from b'ham to memphis) that Winchester just signed a huge contract with DOD. 5.56, 7.62, and .50BMG. NOBODY else even bid on it. Primers are still an issue. Listed to a podcast the other day where the Federal guys were talking about this. They have ramped up their production way above the last couple of years, but demand (including said DOD) buys a ton of ammo. Since a subsidiary of Federal makes primers, and since Federal is using almost all of said production to make live ammo, we are going to have to deal with a scarcity of primers until that production also gets ramped up. This will likely take a year or two before things settle down. Increase one part of the process with doing that for the others, and suddenly THAT becomes the bottleneck.

What a mess.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Lets face it ammo will never be dirt cheap again! It might go down in price a little but it will still be very expensive. We will end up with people that have no business owning a gun untrained and most likely shooting themselves because of a lack of training.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts