Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freedom Munitions is offering free shipping on orders over $99.00 for the 4th of July weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good deal if you are not in a hurry. I ordered 45acp and 9mm on June 16. Everything showed in stock when I ordered it. Still haven't received it. Called CS at Freedom, and a nice lady called me back, her first comment was you must have ordered .223. I said nope, just 45 and 9mm then she told me their shipping dept. is backed up, and my order should ship in the next couple of days. Not that I needed it right away, just wondered what was going on.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I ordered some 9 mm and .223 on June 13th. Order just shipped this week.
Be patient. Good things come to all those that wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
with freedom and xtreme it is best to figure 10 working days from order to ship. I find that I order 1k bullets every two weeks and have only had to go to sw or bps a couple of times this summer so far for "coverage" using HSM or xtreme if the have it in stock. this is reloading components though, not sure how the "ammunition" situation is.

·
Banned
2,773 Posts
Weeks ago they had free shipping, and I bought 2000rnds of 9mm 115gr New Fmj, at 19c a round. Since then, they've up the price. Glad I jumped when I did. :)

Feels like I got in on the very bottom of pricing. If Hillary gets in, I see prices shooting up, and becoming hard to find at any price.

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to expect delays in shipping when they run the "Free Shipping" promotions. They get swamped with orders and their shipping department gets overwhelmed. I know of 3 other gun forums where threads like this one are running and guys are placing large orders taking advantage of the free shipping.

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked and you're right, ever since they went to their new super fancy site it's been nothing but trouble. I don't know of anybody that likes it, I've seen it bashed on 3 other websites.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We've been buying from Freedom since October '15 with really quick turnaround times. However my last two orders took a long time, long enough I called in April to ask wtf. The lady I talked to was really nice and said my order would ship by the end of the week. Sure enough, on Thursday I got the email and on Monday got bullets

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
We've been buying from Freedom since October '15 with really quick turnaround times. However my last two orders took a long time, long enough I called in April to ask wtf. The lady I talked to was really nice and said my order would ship by the end of the week. Sure enough, on Thursday I got the email and on Monday got bullets
I have noticed when I order without the "free shipping" holiday sales my order arrives in 4-7 days...It could take up to two weeks if I order during the holiday specials..

I imagine that people come out of the woodwork to get free anything along with the threat of Hillary the Hag being in office come November..Folks are stocking up...

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're 100% right Marshall, I belong to 3 other gun forums and Freedom Munitions is very popular on each of them. They all jump on the free shipping then moan and groan about the delay in shipping.

In speaking with one of the people at FM last year they explained that their shipping department gets swamped with orders during these "Free Shipping" promotions. The problem is that they can't afford to hire extra people to work in shipping department because they would only need them for maybe 10 weeks a year.

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered 45acp and 9mm. June 16, this coming Sat will be July 16....haven't received anything except for emails from them wanting me to buy ammo. When I talked to CS on June 30 I was told order would ship any day now. My order was only for 500 rounds of different types to make sure their wasn't any feed problems Everything in stock when I ordered it.
Maybe I am wrong, but it would appear that they are not filling orders as they are made, but filling the larger orders and leaving the smaller ones to wait.
If you google Freedom Munitions facebook page, their are quit a few irritated customers over their delays. But yet others say they just ordered and received it. I order from other ammo sites, they are not my only option, now its become a matter of principal, Ill continue to wait. Will let you know when I receive my order.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered on July first but my card wasn't charged until Friday, I'm hoping that means they're packing it. 1500 rounds of 9mm 500 of .45 the .45 isn't a big deal til the 19th, but I'm down to 200 of 9 and that's our last trip to the range without paying retail.

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Freedom never charges your credit card until your order is being processed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts