Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Friday. Adult beverages are being consumed.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I may be joining you very shortly! What's on tap?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yuengling Black & Tan.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
I'd love to join you now but I may have to run to the store for my mother and I will not drink and drive.

Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Glad to have a fellow beer drinker here!

I like local microbrews myself. Will be selecting one very shortly.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scuba diving buddy lives in Denver. Always talking about craft beers.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Just poured a glass of Woodford Reserve Batch #951. Very smooth bourbon. Cheers everyone.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
After 50 hours of working in the St Louis heat {all week was 95} I just cracked a bottle open of the King Of Beers...
A few of these and then a few sips of the Skyy...

A toast to great friends and good health...

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
I've got something new to try today, it's a bottle of "Old Charter". It's a 101 proof 8 year old Kentucky bourbon. A couple of fingers in a rocks glass with some ice and a splash of water and Chuck is a happy man.

Reactions: Dude22

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I've got something new to try today, it's a bottle of "Old Charter". It's a 101 proof 8 year old Kentucky bourbon. A couple of fingers in a rocks glass with some ice and a splash of water and Chuck is a happy man.
I'm with you all the way.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Denny you're a man after my own heart, here's to ya pal.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
I have never {to my knowledge} had bourbon in my 50 years...
I may have to try a sip just to see what it tastes like..
Hell...At this point, another liver quiver can't hurt nor help me...

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Jeff, you're really interested in trying a good sipping bourbon then hit that big liquor store you were telling me about and talk to one of the people in there. Most of the better stores around me have guys that really know their stuff and can make some great reccomendations.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Jeff, you're really interested in trying a good sipping bourbon then hit that big liquor store you were telling me about and talk to one of the people in there. Most of the better stores around me have guys that really know their stuff and can make some great reccomendations.
After thinking about it, at my first bachelor party I had around 5 shots of Wild Turkey in an hour and never made it off the bus at the strip club..
I had to Google it to see what WT was and that stuff was either nasty or way too much in too little time....:eek:

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Jeff, throwing down 5 shots in an hour isn't drinking, that's called getting drunk fast. I think a good bourbon needs to be consumed slowly to be fully appreciated. I like to use a heavy bottom rocks glass, no reason other then it just feels good in my hand. A couple of fingers worth of bourbon with 3 ice cubes and a splash of water to help bring out the flavor. Give it a try, you just might find you like it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You guys are starting to piss me off. I'm on call. On too much Tramadol to get involved in any of this.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Rained all day and the lake was pretty bumpy. Crown and sevens were in order at the "Jet"bar.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
You're right about that...I know I must have liked it after the first shot, otherwise I wouldn't have drink more...
Going to Friar Tucks tomorrow to check out their selection on bourbon..and if they have a hundred different vodkas, I know the bourbon selection will be the same if not more...
This store is friggin huge...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
You're right about that...I know I must have liked it after the first shot, otherwise I wouldn't have drink more...
Going to Friar Tucks tomorrow to check out their selection on bourbon..and if they have a hundred different vodkas, I know the bourbon selection will be the same if not more...
This store is friggin huge...
Knob Creek and Rare Breed are still my favorites. Bourbon, that is.

For scotch, it's Highland Park. I like Laphroaig too, and Port Ellen, but that's getting hard to find. Aberlour is pretty good too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts