Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tuesday was a wonderful blue-sky day in this neck of the woods, so I asked the wife if she wanted to go for a drive. She cheerfully replied "Sure, where to?". So... off we went along with ******* to Atlanta.

My G19 tritium sights had run low on glow juice over the past 20 years so I figured it was a good excuse to take a look at Glock's Smyrna operation.

Security is tight. Armed guards and electronic gates. You must depart your vehicle with ID. They check your firearm and put a cable lock on it and issue visitor IDs. Then you are directed where to go. Typical professional business park (not industrial).

I thought maybe a small tour, Glock history display, or perhaps paraphernalia for purchase. Something. But what I found was really not much more than an oversized dentist's waiting area.

A cheerful guy in a Glock shirt greeted me at the electronic locking door and asked what it is that brought me here. I explained. He offered me the standard night sights or another type. He left with my gun. I thought there would be more customers there. None.

Just a few minutes later he returned. New sights installed and a list of other things replaced. Slide stop lever, connector, slide lock spring, trigger/trigger bar and recoil spring assembly.

On the way out the guards gave the wife and I each a small package with what you see here.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty cool that the took care of you so fast. Out of curiosity, did they charge you for the service?
$67 for new night sights. No charge for other replacement parts.

A few years earlier I sent my Gen2 G17 because the rear sight wasn't working (adjustable). They about rebuilt the entire gun at no charge.

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
You can't beat that for $67 dollars.
No kidding, that was indeed customer service.

A few months ago I thought about a G42 (I believe), their .380ACP that both my wife and I could use for defense.

I figured if I had to use it, it would go immediately into an evidence bag--better a Glock than a Kimber.

...now I'm not so sure...

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Pretty cool service. I bought a new Gen 2 back in the early 90's. Soon, they sent out a recall notice. It was for something inconsequential, so I did nothing. Twenty years passed, and I had second thoughts. I called, and they said to send it in. When they returned the gun they not only did the original mod, but they upgraded all the other parts.

·
Registered
13,888 Posts
I don't own a Glock but that's first class service at a reasonable price, I don't care who you are!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts