Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the guidelines to move up in member static. Is it number of posts? Time on the site. Most sites have a sticky explaining such things as well as rules and regulations. Did I miss that in my haste to join and read the topics.
Could say I'm asking for a friend, but I'm not.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Number of posts and things....if you are active it doesn't take long.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Spend most of my time reading and trying to learn something. This does explain why I've seen Senior members post smart ass remarks back and forth. It pays to post no matter if you're contributing. Now I understand.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Try to watch the sub forums you are posting in and be respectful of them. The Off-Topic Discussion Forum is where you can talk about anything from your health, hobbies pets or grandchildren.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have watched new members run off by senior members because of things they have asked. I've seen smart ass comments made to them that have nothing to do with the discussion. I got the feeling this site was run by snobs that had their own little click. They didn't want to be bothered to help.
I stopped coming around because of how I was made to feel here. I came back to the site to read the jokes you post. Started scanning topics again and reading comments. It's better but still needs work.
I think it's shameful that people are allowed to treat other members, others who share the same interest like that here. We come to be helped and learn. To help others if we can. We don't need the insults. As the super moderator I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Perhaps it's my age. I'm 73 and was raised in a different age. Maybe it's me. But I don't want to be made to feel stupid because I asked for help or tryed to help someone who asked for help.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Interesting... this is the only message board I've ever been on in twenty years where I have never felt like any of those things was happening. Aside from a handful of members who for some reason feel compelled to shit all over Chico every time he puts more than two sentences together, this is the kindest forum I'm on by a country mile.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have watched new members run off by senior members because of things they have asked. I've seen smart ass comments made to them that have nothing to do with the discussion. I got the feeling this site was run by snobs that had their own little click. They didn't want to be bothered to help.
I stopped coming around because of how I was made to feel here. I came back to the site to read the jokes you post. Started scanning topics again and reading comments. It's better but still needs work.
I think it's shameful that people are allowed to treat other members, others who share the same interest like that here. We come to be helped and learn. To help others if we can. We don't need the insults. As the super moderator I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Perhaps it's my age. I'm 73 and was raised in a different age. Maybe it's me. But I don't want to be made to feel stupid because I asked for help or tryed to help someone who asked for help.
IMO this is one of the friendliest forums I hang at. There are a few that do harass a few members but then, that is why we have an "Ignore list". I make use of that to bypass the few who like to be snotty on a regular basis. Very few here IMO! Welcome back Old Marine!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Maybe it's me. But I don't want to be made to feel stupid because I asked for help or tryed to help someone who asked for help.
I don't know if you're stupid, but if you "feel stupid" that's on you. You're in charge of your "feelings", not others in cyberspace.

Generally, gun forums aren't snowflake safe spaces for crying sessions and sharing butthurt feelings, nor tiptoeing around bubble-wrapped teacups. That said, KT membership is a relatively easygoing bunch.

If you're interested in "ranking", my suggestion is put on your big boy pants. This is not a good look for a Marine.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
Snobs? Yikes, you should see our editorial staff.

We toss ideas back and forth, pretend we actually have an editorial staff, keep the best responses and simply hand those over to the afternoon sheriff of our cell block. Oh, it's a fun group. Today, the goal is to see who can use the word "enema" in a sentence correctly about self-defense.

·
Registered
145 Posts

We toss ideas back and forth, pretend we actually have an editorial staff, keep the best responses and simply hand those over to the afternoon sheriff of our cell block. Oh, it's a fun group. Today, the goal is to see who can use the word "enema" in a sentence correctly about self-defense.
Sir .. you seem clogged up ..
In order to save you ..
we must "Enema" the hell out of you ... haahaaa .. :p

·
Registered
13,866 Posts

HAHAHAH, that's the most "On Topic" and funniest post you've ever made...good job.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts