Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Doesn't even pay to get in a match of wits with these guy's-
Most of them have never owned a Kimber but like to throw out a bunch of lies-MIM what-amongst a few-
I have found that must of gun store experts only own 1 gun. when they ask for my permit I will toss the gun card by mistake of course. just to watch the look on their face. not 1 of them has ever had more that 2 guns on theirs...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm fortunate for the most part, the two gun stores that I frequent the most have a couple of knowledgeable people. When I say knowledgeable l mean not only on guns, but also how to let the customer lead. "You want to look at Kimber's?...sure, here's some beauty's right hear." As the conversation progresses they'll mention another gun that might interest me. Never talking bad about any gun. Just talking guns in general. That's the sign of a good salesperson in my book

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
From personal experience, the guy behind a gun counter isn't necessarily the brightest bulb. That said, Kimber isn't universally loved. Go to 1911 forums and you'll find plenty of folks who don't think much of Kimber.

Enjoy your Kimber guns for how they perform in your hands, not in someone else's.

It would be remiss to not mention that some guns deservedly earn a reputation for being crap. Example: Kimber Solo.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm fortunate for the most part, the two gun stores that I frequent the most have a couple of knowledgeable people. When I say knowledgeable l mean not only on guns, but also how to let the customer lead. "You want to look at Kimber's?...sure, here's some beauty's right hear." As the conversation progresses they'll mention another gun that might interest me. Never talking bad about any gun. Just talking guns in general. That's the sign of a good salesperson in my book
The LGS where I usually shop and buy does also. Great gun friendliness and knowledge of firearms.

This place was one of those indoor mega-range places with a a bunch of lanes (75 or so) and a lot of employees wandering around and behind counters. The area where you sign in was like an airline ticket counter. I won't be buying anything there, ever.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have found that must of gun store experts only own 1 gun. when they ask for my permit I will toss the gun card by mistake of course. just to watch the look on their face. not 1 of them has ever had more that 2 guns on theirs...
Your what card...? Never heard of this.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Your what card...? Never heard of this.
I think some states have extra permission cards for a gun you intend to carry.

Its still a right in my state.
Our CCW lets us bypass the NCIS check at an FFL.
Private sales are good to go with no paperwork whatsoever.

Freedom and what not.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
How terrifying!

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
538 Posts
I once heard an old guy behind a gun counter tell a new gun buyer he tells everyone that unless they're a gunsmith they should never clean their gun because they aren't qualified to take it apart and may not be able to get it back together property. At this point I was so flabbergasted I couldn't just walk away, but trying to give him the benefit of the doubt I asked if he meant l don't take it completely apart, or don't even give it a basic field strip and run a brush down the barrel. He clarified he tells people not to take it apart AT ALL. PERIOD. If you think it's dirty, take it to a shop and have it cleaned.
I hope the look on my face was enough to convey my amazement. Regardless, point is: no matter how much silver is in their hair or how many decades of personal gun anecdotal stories he's got to share, gun store employees may still have an outrageous amount of complete bullshit to share under the guise of wisdom and experience.
just because you work in a gun shop, doesn't mean you know what your talking about.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Wife and I bought two Beretta Pico's there, 30% less than anywhere else in the area. That having been said, it's proven to be the exception not the rule.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
I stopped at a gun store near my house for the first time. I mentioned I was interested in looking at 1911s. At that point he didn’t just bash Kimber but every manufacturer except STI. He showed me his double stacked STI 45. He said these are the best 1911s and everything else is crap. Kimber used to make good 1911s he said. I didn’t know Kimber changed their design.
I told him I guess you don’t read on the internet because if you did you would find just as many complaints about STI as everyone else you hate. He looked at me like I had 2 heads and I said, have a nice day and I left.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think some states have extra permission cards for a gun you intend to carry.

Its still a right in my state.
Our CCW lets us bypass the NCIS check at an FFL.
Private sales are good to go with no paperwork whatsoever.

Freedom and what not.
We had that same arrangement in Michigan. Then they passed a Marijuana law allowing recreational use. Our legislators in their infinite wisdom then decided that anyone using recreational marijuana cannot possess a Concealed Pistol License because it's still considered a drug by the feds. So now a NICS check is required for all firearm transactions thru a FFL whether you have a CPL or not. Private sales of handguns require a transfer form to be filled out and turned into LE within 30 days.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
We had that same arrangement in Michigan. Then they passed a Marijuana law allowing recreational use. Our legislators in their infinite wisdom then decided that anyone using recreational marijuana cannot possess a Concealed Pistol License because it's still considered a drug by the feds. So now a NICS check is required for all firearm transactions thru a FFL whether you have a CPL or not. Private sales of handguns require a transfer form to be filled out and turned into LE within 30 days.
De-facto registration.
Has nothing to do with pot.
So your local LEO now has a list of gun owners.
What could possibly go wrong?

·
Registered
681 Posts
De-facto registration.
Has nothing to do with pot.
So your local LEO now has a list of gun owners.
What could possibly go wrong?
That's the benefit of living in a Democrat controlled state. The government knows that we need to be totally dependent on them for our every need... because we are unable to make decisions regarding our own welfare. They want to decide how we spend our money, on what we spend it on and how much they take so they can give it to others who don't want to work but pledge their vote to them. So they enact frivolous laws for all to follow. That's what happens when lawmakers have their heads up their asses for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
That's the benefit of living in a Democrat controlled state. The government knows that we need to be totally dependent on them for our every need... because we are unable to make decisions regarding our own welfare. They want to decide how we spend our money, on what we spend it on and how much they take so they can give it to others who don't want to work but pledge their vote to them. So they enact frivolous laws for all to follow. That's what happens when lawmakers have their heads up their asses for extended periods of time.
The want to tax you out of home ownership and make state dependent renters out of you all.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The want to tax you out of home ownership and make state dependent renters out of you all.
That's been the Democrat philosophy for years. It's all about control of the masses. That's why gun control is their top priority because you can't control someone who has the means of defending themselves.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts