Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
That's been the Democrat philosophy for years. It's all about control of the masses. That's why gun control is their top priority because you can't control someone who has the means of defending themselves.

Yep.
No such thing as an armed slave.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I stopped at a gun store near my house for the first time. I mentioned I was interested in looking at 1911s. At that point he didn’t just bash Kimber but every manufacturer except STI. He showed me his double stacked STI 45. He said these are the best 1911s and everything else is crap. Kimber used to make good 1911s he said. I didn’t know Kimber changed their design.
I told him I guess you don’t read on the internet because if you did you would find just as many complaints about STI as everyone else you hate. He looked at me like I had 2 heads and I said, have a nice day and I left.
Another example of a moron. He should be arrested for impersonating a human being

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Your what card...? Never heard of this.
along with our permits ny lists all your hand guns on a separate card that we have to carry as proof of ownership. ie: if its not on your card and you are at the range if an officer of the law wants to see proof that you own the gun then you must show him your card. if he ask's your buddy proof of the gun he is shooting with you well now we have a problem...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
If it isn't on your card don't touch it...

Thats a shame.

In Georgia, you could legally buy an AR15 with your NY Driver's License from any FFL.

You can also bring and carry any pistol you already own with your NY carry permit.

Open carry or concealed.

If you were a resident, you can legally buy an AR at a yard sale.

Lady Liberty Weeps for NY.

·
Registered
508 Posts
along with our permits ny lists all your hand guns on a separate card that we have to carry as proof of ownership. ie: if its not on your card and you are at the range if an officer of the law wants to see proof that you own the gun then you must show him your card. if he ask's your buddy proof of the gun he is shooting with you well now we have a problem...
That’s fucked up. Sounds very much like a communist state.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
HOLY HELL, I'm so HAPPY I don't have to carry a list of all my pistols, what a book that would be. Thank you Tennessee!

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
...coffee table book INDEED!

·
Registered
2017 Silverado Crew-Cab
12 Posts
I usually ignore blather from the gun counter. I heard some the other week that was annoying. There was a lady looking at handguns, new to firearms from the sound of it.

The two pieces I disagreed with were, ‘no way in hexx can you get 380 ammo now’, she was liking a 380 pistol they had. The other advice was ‘Glocks are no good’.

Just for grins I looked up inventory at sgammo.com, that instant they had 3 types of 380 ready to ship. I stayed out if it.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I usually ignore blather from the gun counter. I heard some the other week that was annoying. There was a lady looking at handguns, new to firearms from the sound of it.

The two pieces I disagreed with were, ‘no way in hexx can you get 380 ammo now’, she was liking a 380 pistol they had. The other advice was ‘Glocks are no good’.

Just for grins I looked up inventory at sgammo.com, that instant they had 3 types of 380 ready to ship. I stayed out if it.
I do too unless I'm in the conversation and my preferred pistols are being crappped on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't place a lot of faith in what typical LGS counter help has to say. If I'm buying something I generally know what I want and make a pass around the counter to see if they have one. If asked if I need help I tell them I'm just kicking tires. If they have what I'm looking for, fine, I'll look it over and if the price and condition are right I'll buy it, otherwise I just leave.

Negative comments about my choice is not a good way to earn my business.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
It's just a gun... not kicking yer dog or pickup truck.

Some guys used to spazz BIG TIME when the Solo was characterized as a POS. Really funny tantrums in the Solo section of the forum. Good stuff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I dont know if there are Dunhams stores near you. They sell some kimbers, seems mostly Micro 9. They are at least $75 less than LGS.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I dont know if there are Dunhams stores near you. They sell some kimbers, seems mostly Micro 9. They are at least $75 less than LGS.
We've got 3 of them about 25 miles in each direction from us. They have received a lot of a lot of my money.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts