Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I can’t wait to retire and not know what day of this week it is.
It's not all sunshine and lollipops, brah.
I mean... like... what if you're laying in bed on a cold Saturday morning... because you can... because every day is a Saturday. And then you hear the trash truck rolling up the street because it's really Wednesday? You gotta throw on some pants as you race down the stairs in a desperate attempt to beat the trash man! Retirement is NOT for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
It's not all sunshine and lollipops, brah.
I mean... like... what if you're laying in bed on a cold Saturday morning... because you can... because every day is a Saturday. And then you hear the trash truck rolling up the street because it's really Wednesday? You gotta throw on some pants as you race down the stairs in a desperate attempt to beat the trash man! Retirement is NOT for the faint of heart.

...hey, nobody said it would be easy and as they say "it's all relative" I suppose? The prospect of being able to forget what day it is doesn't show up anywhere on my calendar so I can only imagine? I've got to think despite the associated trials it could be nice though?

It's a whole different level of "OH $HIT"!!!, when it's 9 degrees outside and there's an icy drive with a 2 1/2 foot snow drift between your garage door and the curb? Don't get me wrong, the scene of you grumbling and fumbling ala Big Lebowski is good "OH MAAAAN". I can almost see your bare foot stepping on a hard dog chewer on your way to the door or maybe a banana slug as you step outside. Good Cali humor stuff right there.
Now if we jump ahead 3 hours and up to the 41 degree latitude region though the plot can thicken. Let's just say I can picture the typically calm and controlled JC45 liberally using Steinbeckesque language as he opens the garage and is hit by the wall of cold air and sleet. There could be a "whoops" slip on the ice and ensuing garbage bag breakage too??? That's "rust belt" funny and it's no joke 😁

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Oh, now that I read the article I get it. I'm not flying around the holidays, so no worries.

That said: archive.today

Don't give the dirty, dirty smear merchants the clicks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Haahaaa... 😀
I can relate to that. I retired in 2007 @ 56 loved it @ first. had a beautiful home in N Ga. Rode my Harley all thru the southern states. Relocated back to Florida in 2010 & health wise went down hill. A couple more heart attacks open heart surgery plus along list of others knee & shoulder replacement, etc. yes everyday is the same for the exception of going to England & other countries once a year. Thank god I have Netflix & Amazon prime. Go to the range once a week To stay fresh. The few friends I had all passed around 65. Funny they were in better shape than me. I’ll be 71 in Jan. & I feel great for the exception of some aches here & there. Now you all know part of my life story you all have a nice Turkey Day.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can relate to that. I retired in 2007 @ 56 loved it @ first. had a beautiful home in N Ga. Rode my Harley all thru the southern states. Relocated back to Florida in 2010 & health wise went down hill. A couple more heart attacks open heart surgery plus along list of others knee & shoulder replacement, etc. yes everyday is the same for the exception of going to England & other countries once a year. Thank god I have Netflix & Amazon prime. Go to the range once a week To stay fresh. The few friends I had all passed around 65. Funny they were in better shape than me. I’ll be 71 in Jan. & I feel great for the exception of some aches here & there. Now you all know part of my life story you all have a nice Turkey Day.
Dam..we must be related. Though I didn't retire until 2015..but had all the other bullshit. Only my downward spiral started in 2004. Got thru it all and am doing pretty dam good. Buried a lot of my buddies too and thankful I'm still here..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Dam..we must be related. Though I didn't retire until 2015..but had all the other bullshit. Only my downward spiral started in 2004. Got thru it all and am doing pretty dam good. Buried a lot of my buddies too and thankful I'm still here..
Aren’t we lucky. At least we are getting our SS checks. The govt hates us old guys having to pay us back. God damn Dems would rather give it to some illegals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts