Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,622 Posts
Never heard of them but that doesn't make them bad.

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Nope, never heard of them, last night and just now link did not work for me? I Googled Lohman Arms the links that came up was a dead end. Except Facebook link that had not been posted in since June 2.

I would say be careful? Tom, have you received you 500 round order? Is the link working for everyone?

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
The link is working for me. Also, do a search for Morte Ammunition and their web site is pretty cool. They are definitely a BRAND NEW ammo producer, with just 2 caliber loadings.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Lohman Arms shows to be just up the road a couple miles in Cleveland, TN. Lohman shares the same address as Reloading Unlimited and American Defense Company. Never heard of Morte Ammo (nor any of the aforementioned) but I'll take a wild guess it's behind this door.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Lohman Arms shows to be just up the road a couple miles in Cleveland, TN. Lohman shares the same address as Reloading Unlimited and American Defense Company. Never heard of Morte Ammo (nor any of the aforementioned) but I'll take a wild guess it's behind this door.
I guess my search skills are lacking! I thought I saw it was up in Cleveland, TN.
Maybe we should roll up that way sometime Phil?
Of course for us any savings on ammo will be ATE UP paying Tennessee sales tax. But we could see how legit the place is.
No idea what's going on with my Google.

EDIT: Ok, OK, I found the Lohman site, they have more than 2 calibers however I checked 3 or 4 different calibers and only found a couple in stock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, never heard of them, last night and just now link did not work for me? I Googled Lohman Arms the links that came up was a dead end. Except Facebook link that had not been posted in since June 2.

I would say be careful? Tom, have you received you 500 round order? Is the link working for everyone?
No, I only place order a few days ago, received order confirmation from Lohman Arms 2 days ago. I don't know anything about them either. It's on a credit card, should be okay. Here was the link for Morte Ammo:

Morte Ammo ? Darkness is Coming

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Not knowing anything about them but seeing multiple companies listed at a strip mall storefront (one of them being reloading) I'd guess it's someone at home reloading with a Dillon trying to make a few bucks on inflated prices during panic buying.

I'd be cautious boys. This is how pics on gun forums go viral... KABOOM.

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Very true Phil. However at the local Pennzoil Fast Lube in Villa Rica Georgia you can get your oil changed and have your car washed and BUY AMMO from the glass case inside. And it's made by Georgia Arms! First time my friend told me that I didn't believe him but I've bought boolits in there many times. It's not a large selection but still ammo.

Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Georgia Arms has been in business 40 years having earned a good reputation. This Morte thing is unknown. Morte website says nothing about the company or their ammo other than they set up sometime this year. The seller, Lohman, shows some specs.

Personally, putting unknowns into an autoloading rifle is always a NO. If I was that hard up for 5.56 ammo (I'm not) I'd pay $800/1000 for Federal M193 or Federal M855 before I'd pay $600 for unknown ammo. Federal 5.56 Shows in stock at Sportsman.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...ortsman/5.56-x-45-mm-nato-ammunition-for-sale

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've not heard of them either, but I have seen quite a few offerings at my normal vendors lately that I've never heard of before also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Georgia Arms has been in business 40 years having earned a good reputation. This Morte thing is unknown. Morte website says nothing about the company or their ammo other than they set up sometime this year. The seller, Lohman, shows some specs.

Personally, putting unknowns into an autoloading rifle is always a NO. If I was that hard up for 5.56 ammo (I'm not) I'd pay $800/1000 for Federal M193 or Federal M855 before I'd pay $600 for unknown ammo. Federal 5.56 Shows in stock at Sportsman.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...ortsman/5.56-x-45-mm-nato-ammunition-for-sale
I'm not hard up for the ammo, I'd just like to shoot some more without depleting beyond my min-max comfort level. I jumped on it because it was cheap and looked legit, however now that they've charged my card and don't answer the phone or return emails and have terrible facebook feedback, I'm regretting Lohman Arms. It was advertised as "new" not reload, not that matters so much if done with care, or the strip mall locale, but regardless what does matter is no customer service or outright ripoff if that turns out to be the case. I would say they deserve the benefit of the doubt but they likely have exhausted that already in view of the facebook reviews that are as recent as two weeks ago and go back as far as several months.

I rechecked my email inbox before submitting this reply just in case, but no reply from Lohman Arms.

·
Registered
13,714 Posts

Yep, not hard up for ammo here either. Unknown is no good! Georgia Arms mucho good O!
I did not get a warm fuzzy from Morte or Lohman.

Phil we can make a road trip to Georgia Arms if we need to, I know exactly how to get there and it's not that far.

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
I'm not hard up for the ammo, I'd just like to shoot some more without depleting beyond my min-max comfort level. I jumped on it because it was cheap and looked legit, however now that they've charged my card and don't answer the phone or return emails and have terrible facebook feedback, I'm regretting Lohman Arms. It was advertised as "new" not reload, not that matters so much if done with care, or the strip mall locale, but regardless what does matter is no customer service or outright ripoff if that turns out to be the case. I would say they deserve the benefit of the doubt but they likely have exhausted that already in view of the facebook reviews that are as recent as two weeks ago and go back as far as several months.

I rechecked my email inbox before submitting this reply just in case, but no reply from Lohman Arms.
I'm sitting here with my popcorn waiting for the rest of the story.
I hope it works out for you.
Your experience and this post make me want to avoid them at all cost.
Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts

With such terrible reviews, why did you place an order?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Yep, not hard up for ammo here either. Unknown is no good! Georgia Arms mucho good O!
I did not get a warm fuzzy from Morte or Lohman.

Phil we can make a road trip to Georgia Arms if we need to, I know exactly how to get there and it's not that far.
Sounds like a good road trip. I've sent the wife to GA a couple times with fired brass (on her way to see the grandkids). GA is good people. Exchange fired brass for their reloaded ammo every couple years or so.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts