Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
For a knock around sub compact it's going to be hard to beat the Hellcat or 365. As far as replacement costs go, if you have one bought before the prices blew up consider what they're going for now. I'd say be happy and hold onto it. Personally a PRO sized gun is just too big for practical carry anyways. I'm also not a fan of carrying a "too nice" expensive shooter just because? If that little Hellcat is vetted at the range and you are adept with the DA trigger I say use it as it was designed to be used, comfortably concealed.
JMO...

·
Registered
322 Posts
500-600 for that Hellcat.. all day.. used doesn’t mean a thing anymore…and you have extra mags.. sites
My .02

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
$250 for a Hellcat?
Less than half the new price?

Hell No.
It's worth more than that.
You could do much better.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
At my LGS without seeing my hellcat he offered me $250. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated
I know that gun stores need to make a buck, but if all I could get for the Hellcat was $250, I'd just hold onto it.

But I think you're REAL question is Hellcat vs Micro 9. For concealed carry, I prefer striker-fired or some kind of DA variant. I'd choose the Hellcat from the two you mentioned, but at least take a look at the Sig P365. I prefer the longer-pull style trigger, and with Magguts magazine springs, the standard magazine capacity is bumped up to 12 rounds.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Guess I'm the wrong one to answer that question.
I have 3 P365s and 2 Hellcats.
Have a hard time getting rid of guns that are appealing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh wait, this is a Kimber forum.....have some of them too.
Just bought a 1911 Ultra, 9mm, stainless. Put some VZ grips on it. Haven't even fired it yet.
Had one before but replaced it with something else.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
All this talk about capacity in a EDC pistol. Try to keep in mind that the average number of shots fired in armed encounters (FBI reports) is 2.5 shots.

So unless you anticipate an armed encounter with an armed band of Antifa, BLM wacko's or terrorists, one loaded mag from any handgun will most likely suffice. But you're free to pack as many pounds of spare ammo as you care to during your daily routine.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
All this talk about capacity in a EDC pistol. Try to keep in mind that the average number of shots fired in armed encounters (FBI reports) is 2.5 shots.

So unless you anticipate an armed encounter with an armed band of Antifa, BLM wacko's or terrorists, one loaded mag from any handgun will most likely suffice. But you're free to pack as many pounds of spare ammo as you care to during your daily routine.
That might have been true a few years ago. Now they run in packs. The chances of being accosted by two or more persons has doubled or more. That six shooter or your 7+1 auto Might not be enough to save your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just bought the one & only @ cabelas $909.49 have to drive down to Miami to pick that puppy up. Did I do ok with the price ?
Did u change the grips on yours, they look different than the one on kimbers website

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just bought the one & only @ cabelas $909.49 have to drive down to Miami to pick that puppy up. Did I do ok with the price ?
Prices continue to escalate on high demand guns. The Micro 9 Rapide being one of them. I picked mine up for $800 about 2 months ago or so from Dunham's. In this neck if the woods the have the best prices on new guns. My other LGS wanted the price you just paid back then. It's a sellers world at the moment. I was willing to pay that price because I really wanted the gun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did u change the grips on yours, they look different than the one on kimbers website
Yes..I installed a set of Hogues. I also modified the pinky tip on the mag as I didn't care for the flare.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yes..I installed a set of Hogues. I also modified the pinky tip on the mag as I didn't care for the flare.
The LGS are selling over list on pretty much everything. 40.00 for 50 rounds of 9mm. I buy it online on average 30.00 per 50 rounds. And as far as Kimbers they have limited inventory . But I’m happy about the Rapide. I have SS LW & a Procarry 2 which I love. Is the trigger feel on the rapide similar. I never shot a micro 9.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The LGS are selling over list on pretty much everything. 40.00 for 50 rounds of 9mm. I buy it online on average 30.00 per 50 rounds. And as far as Kimbers they have limited inventory . But I’m happy about the Rapide. I have SS LW & a Procarry 2 which I love. Is the trigger feel on the rapide similar. I never shot a micro 9.
I only have a Micro Rapide, a standard Micro 9 and a Micro .380. I have no experience with other Kimber's for comparison.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts