Kimber Talk Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I used to have a Micro 9. I traded it in a Aegis Elite Ultra. You would be better off with a Ultra, a true 1911 style frame and workings. There is really not that much difference between the too as far as weight and size goes.. I would rather have 8 ashtrays, 7 in the clip 1 in the tube. I carry mine everyday in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB in the kidney carry, or if the need for a tucked shirt arises, I'll wear it in a belly band w/ 2 extra clips. You can't tell I'm even carrying it. BTW you can get an Ultra in 9mm. You should do yourself a favor and steer and steer clear of the Micro.. Do a quick search on Micro problems, you will see what I am talking about.. Run away from the Micro 380, or a Solo.. Just my 2 cents.
20210603_103247.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Which mag. baseplate is that? I like it better than the factory mag. on the Rapide.
It's the original baseplate with my custom modifications.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well I used to have a Micro 9. I traded it in a Aegis Elite Ultra. You would be better off with a Ultra, a true 1911 style frame and workings. There is really not that much difference between the too as far as weight and size goes.. I would rather have 8 ashtrays, 7 in the clip 1 in the tube. I carry mine everyday in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB in the kidney carry, or if the need for a tucked shirt arises, I'll wear it in a belly band w/ 2 extra clips. You can't tell I'm even carrying it. BTW you can get an Ultra in 9mm. You should do yourself a favor and steer and steer clear of the Micro.. Do a quick search on Micro problems, you will see what I am talking about.. Run away from the Micro 380, or a Solo.. Just my 2 cents.
That's an interesting synopsis. You read about a few with problems and judge them all. I have 3 Micro 9's and a Micro 380...each have shot several hundred rounds...and not ONE malfunction.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Humm, I see a forum pattern here IRT the Micro 9's.

I have three Kimber Ultra's in nine and .45, and a Micro 9. Total round count for these three inchers is now hovering right at 2,400 rounds total, combined. So far to date, I've got nothing to whine about. All three continue to function 100%, and I'm a picky bugger when it comes to handgun reliability. This is considering I shoot primarily my own handloads, and all my EDC's get carry ammo checked on a regular basis.

With all the complaints about the little M9, I'm starting to think it's operator error; limp wrist, failed maintenance, ammo issues, whatever. Or I'm so lucky, that buying a lottery ticket is now mandatory.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well I used to have a Micro 9. I traded it in a Aegis Elite Ultra. You would be better off with a Ultra, a true 1911 style frame and workings. There is really not that much difference between the too as far as weight and size goes.. I would rather have 8 ashtrays, 7 in the clip 1 in the tube. I carry mine everyday in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB in the kidney carry, or if the need for a tucked shirt arises, I'll wear it in a belly band w/ 2 extra clips. You can't tell I'm even carrying it. BTW you can get an Ultra in 9mm. You should do yourself a favor and steer and steer clear of the Micro.. Do a quick search on Micro problems, you will see what I am talking about.. Run away from the Micro 380, or a Solo.. Just my 2 cents. View attachment 125942 View attachment 125942
Well I used to have a Micro 9. I traded it in a Aegis Elite Ultra. You would be better off with a Ultra, a true 1911 style frame and workings. There is really not that much difference between the too as far as weight and size goes.. I would rather have 8 ashtrays, 7 in the clip 1 in the tube. I carry mine everyday in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB in the kidney carry, or if the need for a tucked shirt arises, I'll wear it in a belly band w/ 2 extra clips. You can't tell I'm even carrying it. BTW you can get an Ultra in 9mm. You should do yourself a favor and steer and steer clear of the Micro.. Do a quick search on Micro problems, you will see what I am talking about.. Run away from the Micro 380, or a Solo.. Just my 2 cents. View attachment 125942 View attachment 125942
Originally I was thinking ultra since I have a pro carry 2 I figured I would get the micro rapide for EDC. I have a hellcat which I might sell. But I really prefer the way the kimber shoots much prefer the trigger over the hellcat‘s. Just my preference. i have to go to Miami to pick my rapide up when I’m there I’ll check the ultra one more time, not that much if a difference than the pro carry just an inch shorter. But living in Florida the rapide is easier to conceal wearing shorts & a tee. I can pop that puppy in my pocket

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I know that gun stores need to make a buck, but if all I could get for the Hellcat was $250, I'd just hold onto it.

But I think you're REAL question is Hellcat vs Micro 9. For concealed carry, I prefer striker-fired or some kind of DA variant. I'd choose the Hellcat from the two you mentioned, but at least take a look at the Sig P365. I prefer the longer-pull style trigger, and with Magguts magazine springs, the standard magazine capacity is bumped up to 12 rounds.
I checked out p 365 at the store where I got the hellcat. I much preferred the grip of the hellcat. It felt better for my hand.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Originally I was thinking ultra since I have a pro carry 2 I figured I would get the micro rapide for EDC. I have a hellcat which I might sell. But I really prefer the way the kimber shoots much prefer the trigger over the hellcat‘s. Just my preference. i have to go to Miami to pick my rapide up when I’m there I’ll check the ultra one more time, not that much if a difference than the pro carry just an inch shorter. But living in Florida the rapide is easier to conceal wearing shorts & a tee. I can pop that puppy in my pocket
If you get a chance to shoot an Ultra, do it.
I EDC an Ultra in .45 and its fantastic and flawlessly reliable.
Small enough to CCW but more accurate and easier to shoot and get back on target than alot of the tiny pistols that are popular today.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I put my hellcat on Florida gun trader yesterday & sold it in 2 hours for $500.00 just cost $5.99 to list it. I can’t complain.
Good on you!! Now you can devote all your attention to that new Micro 9 Rapide!

Reactions: PaulR

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Small enough to CCW but more accurate and easier to shoot and get back on target than alot of the tiny pistols that are popular today.
You would take the ultra over the rapide for EDC?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I have a pro carry I’m sure it will shoot similar. I have no way of trying the ultra out. I was considering it before the rapide, got a decent price of 849 @ capelas, also it is replacing the hellcat for EDC this can slip into my pocket holster makes it easier to carry

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You would take the ultra over the rapide for EDC?
Yes.
The Kimber Ultra series of pistols are some of the best 3 inch 1911s made. Kimber nailed it with the Ultra.
Its also a real 1911.
Mine has been extremely reliable with all sorts of sketchy ammo.
Its also quite accurate for a 3 inch handgun. I wouldn't feel outdistanced if I had to shoot at 30 yards.
It also comes in the lords caliber (.45ACP).
I like 9mm alot but you wont find YouTube videos of bad guys walking forward with 3 or 4 .45 caliber holes in them. ;)

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have a pro carry I’m sure it will shoot similar. I have no way of trying the ultra out. I was considering it before the rapide, got a decent price of 849 @ capelas, also it is replacing the hellcat for EDC this can slip into my pocket holster makes it easier to carry
I'm not large enough to pocket the Ultra but it disappears in an IWB even with shorts and a t shirt.

Thats a good price on that Rapide.
I think I paid $750 ish for my Ultra
20201202_160205.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I'm not large enough to pocket the Ultra but it disappears in an IWB even with shorts and a t shirt.

Thats a good price on that Rapide.
I think I paid $750 ish for my Ultra View attachment 125950
I can get the ultra for 839. @ capelas. If I don’t care for the rapide for any reason I can always get the ultra .I’ll have to play it by ear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Humm, I see a forum pattern here IRT the Micro 9's.

I have three Kimber Ultra's in nine and .45, and a Micro 9. Total round count for these three inchers is now hovering right at 2,400 rounds total, combined. So far to date, I've got nothing to whine about. All three continue to function 100%, and I'm a picky bugger when it comes to handgun reliability. This is considering I shoot primarily my own handloads, and all my EDC's get carry ammo checked on a regular basis.

With all the complaints about the little M9, I'm starting to think it's operator error; limp wrist, failed maintenance, ammo issues, whatever. Or I'm so lucky, that buying a lottery ticket is now mandatory.
I have a SS LW & a Pro carry 2 both 9mm I can feed them any ammo not one issue with either of the 2.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can get the ultra for 839. @ capelas. If I don’t care for the rapide for any reason I can always get the ultra .I’ll have to play it by ear.
The Ultra is about the same size as my Shield Plus. The Ultra has a long beaver tail. I think the Micro 9 is much more concealable. I went to dinner tonight in blue jeans and a polo shirt. I carried Micro 9 Rapide IWB appendix in a Ultimate Suede Holster from Relentless Tactical. The shirt was tucked in and pulled out a little to cover the grip. It was totally obscured ..I can't do that with my Shield Plus.. I'd have to wear the shirt out.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts