Kimber Talk Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I pulled the trigger & bought the micro rapide @ cabelas. $849. + tax. Decent price considering what they are asking @ gunbroker.
Congratulations on your new shooter Paul. Hopefully you'll be able to get her broken in and vetted before too long. Will be looking forward to the range report (remember the pics) :)
As far as the worthiness of any sub compact for self defense purposes it comes down a given pistol's reliability. Smaller designs by all the manufacturers do seem to have squirrels in the proverbial tree more often than their larger kin? Normally they run fine out of the box or smoothen out with a little range time. I would certainly advocate being sure anything being considered for EDC is dependable. Beyond that it comes down to the operators adeptness at handling themselves and a firearm in a dire situation. The caliber argument is pretty much redundant at that point, it comes down to shot placement. Missing with a .22 or a .45 will do about the same thing when it comes to stopping a threat. It is arguable that a potential follow up shot is likely to be more accurate from a smaller caliber too?
JMO...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Well I used to have a Micro 9. I traded it in a Aegis Elite Ultra. You would be better off with a Ultra, a true 1911 style frame and workings. There is really not that much difference between the too as far as weight and size goes.. I would rather have 8 ashtrays, 7 in the clip 1 in the tube. I carry mine everyday in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB in the kidney carry, or if the need for a tucked shirt arises, I'll wear it in a belly band w/ 2 extra clips. You can't tell I'm even carrying it. BTW you can get an Ultra in 9mm. You should do yourself a favor and steer and steer clear of the Micro.. Do a quick search on Micro problems, you will see what I am talking about.. Run away from the Micro 380, or a Solo.. Just my 2 cents. View attachment 125942 View attachment 125942
In your opinion you would take an ultra over the Micro rapide.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I'm not large enough to pocket the Ultra but it disappears in an IWB even with shorts and a t shirt.

Thats a good price on that Rapide.
I think I paid $750 ish for my Ultra View attachment 125950
Buds has the stainless ultra for $806. when I go to pick up my Rapide if for some reason it does not feel right in my hand I could always get the Ultra. In terms of resale I think the micro rapide would bring more money than an ultra. Correct me if I’m wrong

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Buds has the stainless ultra for $806. when I go to pick up my Rapide if for some reason it does not feel right in my hand I could always get the Ultra. In terms of resale I think the micro rapide would bring more money than an ultra. Correct me if I’m wrong
Yeah I agree.
I think the Rapide would bring more resale money.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I just sold in a matter of hours my hellcat for 525 & a kel tek p3at I bought 14 years ago for 250. I couldn’t believe how fast they sold got what I was asking. It’s a hot market for anything so it seems

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Congratulations on your new shooter Paul. Hopefully you'll be able to get her broken in and vetted before too long. Will be looking forward to the range report (remember the pics) :)
As far as the worthiness of any sub compact for self defense purposes it comes down a given pistol's reliability. Smaller designs by all the manufacturers do seem to have squirrels in the proverbial tree more often than their larger kin? Normally they run fine out of the box or smoothen out with a little range time. I would certainly advocate being sure anything being considered for EDC is dependable. Beyond that it comes down to the operators adeptness at handling themselves and a firearm in a dire situation. The caliber argument is pretty much redundant at that point, it comes down to shot placement. Missing with a .22 or a .45 will do about the same thing when it comes to stopping a threat. It is arguable that a potential follow up shot is likely to be more accurate from a smaller caliber too?
JMO...

JMO...
Will give u the range report in the next day or so.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
She performed beautifully, 150 rounds down the pipe. I on the other hand I need to get use to her. My accuracy was not up to par like Ss LW & my Pro Carry. After a bit more practice with her & i‘ll be good to go. For the moneyKimber is one hell of a machine, put together & looks beautiful.
View attachment 125969 View attachment 125970

Will give u the range report in the next day or so.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Hey, glad to hear your new little beauty did well out of the box. Being a fan of subcompacts I can absolutely agree with the practice makes perfect plan. I'll toss in something I've found helpful. Be conscious of the placement of your trigger finger. I've found with smaller framed pistols there's more potential for inconsistent form.
Have fun getting the hang of the addition to your summer wardrobe :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hey, glad to hear your new little beauty did well out of the box. Being a fan of subcompacts I can absolutely agree with the practice makes perfect plan. I'll toss in something I've found helpful. Be conscious of the placement of your trigger finger. I've found with smaller framed pistols there's more potential for inconsistent form.
Have fun getting the hang of the addition to your summer wardrobe :)
👍

61 - 70 of 70 Posts