Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my very first 1911, a Kimber Custom II. Still reading the book and watching a YouTube video on breaking it down and cleaning it. I want to clean it first before I shoot it the first time.
It's one pretty gun and I hope it shoots good.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Rlharwood, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Clean, lube, use the best FMJ ammo you can find. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just purchased my very first 1911, a Kimber Custom II. Still reading the book and watching a YouTube video on breaking it down and cleaning it. I want to clean it first before I shoot it the first time.
I’m sure you’ll be very impressed with its accuracy. You made a great choice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome from VA! Bought my custom II used and it runs like a dream! You’ll love it! Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
38,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. Rlharwood. Reading the manual, cleaning and lubing the gun are the way to go before hitting the range. Stick with FMJ ammo until the gun is broken in, and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so very much! I just got it field stripped, but it took a video to help me accomplish it.
Not a bad manual! Seeing it done really helps me. I hope to clean it and use a little oil on it tomorrow. Hoppes and Balistol are my cleaners of choice.
I can't imagine using it as an EDC. It's a little heavy! I do look forward to shooting it.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Some people carry full size 1911's for EDC but many other better choices available IMO.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wait.......What.....a new Kimber owner posts about reading the manual and learning how to breakdown and clean their new Kimber? How refreshing to see.
Welcome to the Forum.
Smart this could be your best friend or your worst enemy. U need to know that gun backwards & forward

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks so very much! I just got it field stripped, but it took a video to help me accomplish it.
Not a bad manual! Seeing it done really helps me. I hope to clean it and use a little oil on it tomorrow. Hoppes and Balistol are my cleaners of choice.
I can't imagine using it as an EDC. It's a little heavy! I do look forward to shooting it.
You mentioned the custom II being a bit heavy. This rig handles the weight very comfortably. Still a bit large to conceal OWB! The holster is a Bianchi 57 remedy. The Custom II is wearing my 22lr conversion in the pic.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts