Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a real estate agent from western Wisconsin and purchased a Micro 9 to carry in the spring and fall. It is a replacement for my Star M-45 Firestar which while I really like it, with the company out of business and parts hard to come by, it will be a collectable for me now.

I have a Ruger LCP2 for summer pocket carry and a full size 1911 for winter when I wear heavier clothing.

This is my first Kimber.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Careful, Kimbers seem to be like Lay's potato chips. Everybody starts with just one, and then... and then. Well, anyway. Welcome to the family.

·
Super Moderator
38,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...
...what I learned from my Micro 9mm:
clean well before shooting
requires 400+ rounds for breakin
requires a firm grip; and I had to be careful with my right thumb, which had a tendency to ride up on the bottom of the slide and slow the recoil sequence causing FTE and FTF issues
had to be mindful of my right thumb and the mag release as well
I used 124 grain FMJ to breakin and no reloads
...here is mine:

...and it shoots just like it is supposed to...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Dat barrel be blingin', yo

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dat barrel be blingin', yo
...pimp gun by Kimber, Micro 9 ESV has porting on the front of the slide (barrel is not ported), ball mill cocking serrations, a Titanium Nitride (TiN) coated barrel for increased corrosion resistance.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome from Oregon..
And to Kimber micro 9s
I have a Rapide and really enjoy it.. too carry and shoot.. enjoy yours

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am a real estate agent from western Wisconsin and purchased a Micro 9 to carry in the spring and fall. It is a replacement for my Star M-45 Firestar which while I really like it, with the company out of business and parts hard to come by, it will be a collectable for me now.

I have a Ruger LCP2 for summer pocket carry and a full size 1911 for winter when I wear heavier clothing.

This is my first Kimber.
I agree with JBear!!! I’m up to 10 Kimbers, if you include rifles!!! (Well, 11 counting the 1911 22lr conversion!)

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your new addiction....

·
Registered
476 Posts

This is my first Kimber.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts