Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

...I would recommend that you go to your FFL and pick up and check out the many and various Kimber models and then get the one that jumps into your hand... ...the Kimber Pro CDPII in .45 ACP did just that...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will take the numerous advice on checking out a 3" Ultra. I bought the 4" Pro Carry in order to EDC with it, if I find a 3" will do the trick, then I'll be faced with "do I sell the Pro and get a 3" or keep them both?
Keep them both

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Those are awesome.
I missed a Raptor Ultra by a few hours when I got my UC.
I still want one.
Stainless Raptor always been one of my fav's.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
214 Posts
I became a Kimber owner two years ago while looking for an EDC. As the owner of a 1941 M1911A1 for many years, I've got a soft spot for .45s so that's where I started my search. I have watched and heard the old and tired debate over 9mm vs 45 effectiveness and don't care much about it. A good 45 HP makes a very large hole and that gives me more confidence than putting 10 lesser rounds in a target. I was reading Jeff Cooper's work back in the 80's and truly believe that if you can't solve your problem with 7 or 8 rounds, 15 probably won't make much difference. Anyway, I digress.

I have a good friend who I was bouncing EDC ideas off and most of them were economy models. His words were something like "Do you want to bet your family's lives on a $200 handgun?". Well, Daddy didn't raise a fool. He steered me to Kimber and I fell in love with the two tone Pro Carry II. It is a great handgun and I intend to add a 5" model at some point.

As for me personally, I live in Louisville, KY with my wife of 42 years, and intend to retire here in about 3 years when I'm 65+. I have been playing guitar for many years so that's my other money pit, although I've slowed down on that (collecting). I also play golf very poorly, but do enjoy it. I've had a successful career in IT, which I'm wrapping up with a Work From Home situation that is a very nice precursor to retirement, I think.

Thank you for the warm welcome. We'll be talking.
Welcome from ‘ol Virginny!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois, and another IT guy heading into retirement in a few years (maybe). If you haven't figured it out yet, there are more than one "enabler" on this forum. I think there are somewhere around a dozen Kimber's in our house, not to mention other brands. Sit a back and enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois, and another IT guy heading into retirement in a few years (maybe). If you haven't figured it out yet, there are more than one "enabler" on this forum. I think there are somewhere around a dozen Kimber's in our house, not to mention other brands. Sit a back and enjoy the conversation.
Hell yeah.
We love to spend other peoples money!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts