Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had one 1911 for about a decade (before 2022, that is) … 5” SA that I thought had scratched my .45 itch as I moved on to other firearm pursuits in my accumulation

Over the past 9 months or so I’ve added 3 new Kimbers to the safe.

First, was my Stainless Ultra Carry II. It had a few hiccups early on (mostly failure to fully return to battery) but it smoothed out nicely somewhere between the 400-500 round mark. I swapped out the grips with some elk stag from MD Grips, and it’s currently in regular rotation for carry.
Wood Air gun Gun accessory Trigger Gun barrel

Next, I made the mistake of handling a Camp Guard 10. My wallet never stood a chance. Haven’t fired this one yet because the indoor range at my gun club doesn’t allow 10mm or magnum cartridges. I’ll have to use the outdoor range, and I’m waiting on better (read: warmer) weather.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Most recently, I decided on splurging for something nice for myself as a Christmas present. My new favorite pistol - Stainless Pro Raptor II. It’s been flawless through the first 400 rounds, and I love everything about it. Worth every penny.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Seems like a decent place, I may kick back and stay a while.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee. Nice trio, Raptors have always been one of my favorites

· Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the site from Oklahoma. We kinda do like the Kimbers here.
Trigger Air gun Wood Line Gun barrel

· Registered
856 Posts
I only had one 1911 for about a decade (before 2022, that is) … 5” SA that I thought had scratched my .45 itch as I moved on to other firearm pursuits in my accumulation

First, was my Stainless Ultra Carry II. It had a few hiccups early on (mostly failure to fully return to battery) but it smoothed out nicely somewhere between the 400-500 round mark. I swapped out the grips with some elk stag from MD Grips, and it’s currently in regular rotation for carry.
View attachment 134968

Next, I made the mistake of handling a Camp Guard 10. My wallet never stood a chance. Haven’t fired this one yet because the indoor range at my gun club doesn’t allow 10mm or magnum cartridges. I’ll have to use the outdoor range, and I’m waiting on better (read: warmer) weather.
View attachment 134969

Most recently, I decided on splurging for something nice for myself as a Christmas present. My new favorite pistol - Stainless Pro Raptor II. It’s been flawless through the first 400 rounds, and I love everything about it. Worth every penny.
View attachment 134970

Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

· Registered
3,130 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bumpus.
I see you're well aware of the strange phenomenon that if left unsupervised and unattended, Kimbers WILL procreate in the safe. ;)
That 10mm is great hog medicine too. Pity you can't shoot it at your indoor range. Guess it's a real "outdoor" pistol for outdoorsmen.

· Registered
1,358 Posts

View attachment 134968

View attachment 134969

View attachment 134970

Hope you do stay with us! Very nice Kimbers, and pics! Welcome from VA!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts