Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted one of these little guns ever since Heritage announced they were going to be available.
20210615_203312_HDR~2.jpg

My wife and son found one and gifted it to me for Father's day.
The Barkeep is a small .22 single action revolver with a 2.5 inch barrel and no ejector.
$139. Made in Bainbridge, GA.
Heritage also sells a birdshead grip frame for their small bore revolver line that will fit nicely in the barkeep.
20210615_203514_HDR~2.jpg

The little icepick lookin thing is the ejector.
馃槼
I ordered the BH gripframe and grips, and will post up details and pics the swap.

It actually has a nice light trigger, with a decent break for a cheap pot metal plinker.
22wmr cyliders are $29 shipped direct from Heritage.

Registered
That's a new one for me, haven't heard of the Barkeep.

Reactions: bad ninja

Super Moderator
That's a new one on me also, a range report is going to be required.

Registered
I have wanted one of these little guns ever since Heritage announced they were going to be available. View attachment 126018
My wife and son found one and gifted it to me for Father's day.
The Barkeep is a small .22 single action revolver with a 2.5 inch barrel and no ejector.
$139. Made in Bainbridge, GA.
Heritage also sells a birdshead grip frame for their small bore revolver line that will fit nicely in the barkeep.
View attachment 126017

The little icepick lookin thing is the ejector.
馃槼
I ordered the BH gripframe and grips, and will post up details and pics the swap.

It actually has a nice light trigger, with a decent break for a cheap pot metal plinker.
22wmr cyliders are $29 shipped direct from Heritage.
Very fond of my single action revolvers! Thought for awhile about a small frame, short barreled birds head in 38 for pocket carry. After checking it all out, it was still a bit big for the pocket. I know single action wheelguns are not the most sensible for ccw, but I guess the 鈥渃owboy鈥 that鈥檚 in all of us just got hold of me! Still love shooting them, just not using for edc! That ought to be a fun little piece! ENJOY!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had something similar back in the early 70鈥檚, they were called Midnight Specials and were generally frowned upon.
You mean cheap imported Saturday Night Specials. I have a few. ;)

This is American made pot metal goodness.
馃榿
These actually are great for young shooters to learn the basics.
My son has a full sized Heritage that has seen about 5000 rounds and still going strong.

It's not a Ruger, but a new Single Six runs for over $600 these days, if you can find them.

This is a pure plinker with old west style.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very fond of my single action revolvers! Thought for awhile about a small frame, short barreled birds head in 38 for pocket carry. After checking it all out, it was still a bit big for the pocket. I know single action wheelguns are not the most sensible for ccw, but I guess the 鈥渃owboy鈥 that鈥檚 in all of us just got hold of me! Still love shooting them, just not using for edc! That ought to be a fun little piece! ENJOY!
I love a small birdshead single action revolver.
I think the styling is fantastic.

Uberti makes a 4.5 inch Birdshead in .357 or .45 colt.
Single Action for CCW isn't a good idea for most folks. I have seen a few CAS/SASS members that would be fine carrying one.

This one will mostly be used to ring steel and defend the porch from a gang of theiving grey squirrels we affectionately call "The Comancheros".

Registered
You mean cheap imported Saturday Night Specials. I have a few. ;)

This is American made pot metal goodness.
馃榿
These actually are great for young shooters to learn the basics.
My son has a full sized Heritage that has seen about 5000 rounds and still going strong.

It's not a Ruger, but a new Single Six runs for over $600 these days, if you can find them.

This is a pure plinker with old west style.
My Dad has a Heritge 22, with the xtra 22mag cylinder. Who knows how many 1000s rounds thru it. Good guns for the money. I have a Raven arms 25auto that my ex bought for $50 somewhere, and left it here.. Now THATS... a pc of crap that im prolly even afraid to try to shoot...lol. Have fun with your new plinker..your a lucky Dad...

Registered

Single Action for CCW isn't a good idea for most folks. I have seen a few CAS/SASS members that would be fine carrying one.

This one will mostly be used to ring steel and defend the porch from a gang of theiving grey squirrels we affectionately call "The Comancheros".
Perfect for the task at hand! Can鈥檛 find much better shooting pleasure than running 50 or 100 rds. of 22lr through an accurate sa revolver! I鈥檝e even been known to do the 鈥渙ne in each hand鈥 cowboy deal!!!馃榿 Almost made me feel like 鈥榦l 鈥淏londie鈥! Haha!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Dad has a Heritge 22, with the xtra 22mag cylinder. Who knows how many 1000s rounds thru it. Good guns for the money. I have a Raven arms 25auto that my ex bought for $50 somewhere, and left it here.. Now THATS... a pc of crap that im prolly even afraid to try to shoot...lol. Have fun with your new plinker..your a lucky Dad...
I am a very lucky Dad.
I am blessed with a fantastic wife and an amazing son.
We all love to shoot and have family range days a coule times a month.
The kid has better eyes and usually can outshoot me.
(He shot his uncle's .338 Lapua last week and hit steel at 450yards.)

Registered

Have you seen my Ruger's? .45acp, no moon clips required. My Roy Rogers personality took over.
Ruger Twin Birdshead 45acp.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those are sweet!!!
Beautiful guns.

lol..You already have most of my "one day, I'll have one of those" guns in your safe.

Registered
HA! Thanks. Some of the fliers are due to firing cowboy style one in each hand, yep holes left of center weak (left) hand...

Registered
It's always worked for me...lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fitted screwdriver
Grip frame from Heritage
Grips
20210617_164815_HDR~2.jpg

There are 2 screws behind the hammer, two behind the trigger guard and one in front.

Pot metal is soft, so dont crank too tight.
20210617_164902_HDR~2.jpg

This spring is captured by the frame so careful not to send it flying.

20210617_165200_HDR~2.jpg

Bam.
5 minutes later, a birdshead snubbie like god intended.

20210617_170622~2.jpg

Registered
1000% BETTER! Love the stocks.

Reactions: bad ninja

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is how Heritage should have made the Barkeep.
It is balanced much better.
I cant believe some knuckle head CEO thought plowhandle grips would be the better default on a 2.5 inch gun.

I like this so much I want to chop down an Uberti .45lc. birdshead and lose the ejector.
lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts