Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you thought things couldn't get harder to believe Bill Cosby has been released on a technicality???
WTF

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Not a technicality.
A DA signed a deal in a previous civil case agreeing not to prosecute Cosby if he waived his 5th amendment rights.

Another DA, decided to violate that agreement and Cosby's 5th amendment rights.

An appellate judge threw out the conviction as the prosecutor had brokebthe law.

The ends do not justify the means.

While Cosby may be a rapist, this was a good call by the judge.

If we had allowed the DAs actions to stand, the 5th amendment means nothing.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh, I get the explanation. What I find perplexing is the fact that it's until now that these details emerge? How did the creepy old ba$tards attorneys not know about the previous details??? I'm not really wanting an expanded account of the thing more just venting and shaking my head in disbelief.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
He did.
He filed an appeal.
Appeals take time to actually make it into a courtroom.
His sentence was 3-10 years.
He already served 2.

Regardless of his guilt, the court did right in this instance.
The Government can't be allowed to violate the law to get a conviction.

Same thing happened with OJ and a killer walked because of the government ignoring the law.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Here's a "Tin Foil Hat" tidbit:

Cosby made some statements in a speech to the NAACP that agered a ton of activists and leftists.

Cosby said that the problem with young blacks getting in trouble lies in poor parenting and suggested paying more attention to our kids could help prevent them turning to a life of crime.
Cosby was an Icon, and had been an extremely influential role model in the Black community for decades.

This directly goes against the current narrative and political position.
Some think this is why new light was shed on his indiscretions.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I don't care why he was released that rapist needed to stay locked up for the rest of his life! I hope his life is short on the outside.
If the DA hadn't decided he was above the law and the constitution, Cosby would still be in jail.

Actions have consequences.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
On the other hand

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
198 Posts
If the DA hadn't decided he was above the law and the constitution, Cosby would still be in jail.

Actions have consequences.
Truthfully, I don't like him walking but I hope he sues the crap out of the DA for knowingly breaking the law. There are way to many DA looking for a big "win" at any cost ruining lives for political status. They should be held accountable and lose their license.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Truthfully, I don't like him walking but I hope he sues the crap out of the DA for knowingly breaking the law. There are way to many DA looking for a big "win" at any cost ruining lives for political status. They should be held accountable and lose their license.
I agree.
Same with stacking charges to get a plea bargain, just so a prosecutor keeps a high conviction rate.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems to defy logic that the entire thing went down considering the details? I don't understand how the judge allowed it?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
It seems to defy logic that the entire thing went down considering the details? I don't understand how the judge allowed it?
Democrat activist judge who legislated from the bench, who had immunity from oversight or responsibility, allowed a liberal prosecutor, who didnt have a prosecutable case, to violate Cosby's civil rights in order get the pre determined conviction.

Then an honest judge reviewed the courts actions, and corrected an abuse of justice by correctly tossing the entire judgement.

Cosby's release wasn't about his guilt
It was about the felonious acts done by the prosecutor, and the Bill of rights.

The bill of rights aren't suggestions, and the entire legitimacy of our government is based solely on their recognition of those inalienable god given rights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts