Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time Kimber Owner, always liked them, just could not afford them. Introduced to the 45 in 1986 at Military Police School. Spent two years with it until they phased them out for the Beretta. Always had a love of them and own a 1911 to this day and always will. Just not my everyday carry, more of a safe queen. Then Life happens and you get a little better off and you start to acquire other pistols. I have owned a Taurus PT92, a Springfield XD, a Taurus 357 stubby, a Taurus G2C, I now own a Sig 365xl and I have built a 365X, I have a Taurus 605 357 Stubby and a Kimber Mako. I was a fire arm instructor in the military and I was a fire arm instructor in my Civilian Job. Currently I just shoot for my self and enjoy it. I picked up the Mako because when I saw it I thought it had great lines and was unique in its application. I have not had a lot of time shooting it yet, but I am glad to say I have one of the first ones they distributed through KYGUN co. with a low 400 serial number, not a recall version, had it since October of last year. I am hoping that they make more accessories for it like the 365 and of course more AFFORDABLE magazines, until then I will keep with the two that I have. I hail from Washington state that has a mag ban over ten rounds starting in July. I like to hunt, camp and ride my motorcycle. Glad to be here and thanks in advance for the welcome.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I am a first time Kimber Owner, always liked them, just could not afford them. Introduced to the 45 in 1986 at Military Police School. Spent two years with it until they phased them out for the Beretta. Always had a love of them and own a 1911 to this day and always will. Just not my everyday carry, more of a safe queen. Then Life happens and you get a little better off and you start to acquire other pistols. I have owned a Taurus PT92, a Springfield XD, a Taurus 357 stubby, a Taurus G2C, I now own a Sig 365xl and I have built a 365X, I have a Taurus 605 357 Stubby and a Kimber Mako. I was a fire arm instructor in the military and I was a fire arm instructor in my Civilian Job. Currently I just shoot for my self and enjoy it. I picked up the Mako because when I saw it I thought it had great lines and was unique in its application. I have not had a lot of time shooting it yet, but I am glad to say I have one of the first ones they distributed through KYGUN co. with a low 400 serial number, not a recall version, had it since October of last year. I am hoping that they make more accessories for it like the 365 and of course more AFFORDABLE magazines, until then I will keep with the two that I have. I hail from Washington state that has a mag ban over ten rounds starting in July. I like to hunt, camp and ride my motorcycle. Glad to be here and thanks in advance for the welcome.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
15,328 Posts
welcome from Tennessee.

Reactions: Lisa93 and Chuck43
1 - 14 of 14 Posts