Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope all of you have been doing ok in all this crazy pandemic and Biden-omics. Sorry I have not been too active on KT for quite a while. Things got really hectic at work when COVID started shutting down our nation (which was good for the business). Since working from home became the norm, Ms Tejun and I locked up the townhouse in Houston and relocated to our lakehouse on Toledo Bend Reservoir in East Texas. After spending about 3 months there, we decided that this would be the area for us to retire, but we’d have to find another home as Lakehouse B was pretty small, too small actually when trying to work from home comfortably. It didn’t take too long before we found a new place to call home and it was just a mile down the road. We bought the place, sold Lakehouse B and the Houston townhouse and are now full time residents on one of the premier lakes (Toledo Bend) for bass and crappie fishing and just 45 minutes from Lake Sam Rayburn, another fantastic lake well known for producing some trophy sized large mouth bass.

As of January 1, I am now semi-retired which equates to just filling an advisory role to the owner of the company and will have much more time to fish and tinker around with my gun collection.

Our new home sits on 9 acres of land with water view on North side and water front on the South side. It is a bit of a handful during mowing season, which in Texas is about 8 months out of the year, but we love it here. I am hoping to get back to visiting KT on a more frequent basis now, but its going to take me a while to get used to the new format. Cousin Mark sent me a private message a while back and it took me about 5 minutes to figure out where the inbox was :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
40,105 Posts
Welcome back Tejun, I was wondering what happened to you, glad to hear you and your bride are okay and settled in a new home.

Reactions: Tejun

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hi @Tejun ... congratulations on your move and semi-retired status...time to start enjoying things. That's a nice collection of Kimbers. Pictures would help us visualize more.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
@Tejun ole buddy so happy to see you online again and with great news. Congrats on the new crib and almost being retired. I've always wanted to fish Sam Rayburn lake. Once you get used to it the new format is pretty good and fairly user friendly.
A lot of Micro9 owners around here now but we are slowly converting them into also owning some Ultra's. I think we have won over 2 or 3 in the past few weeks...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hope all of you have been doing ok in all this crazy pandemic and Biden-omics. Sorry I have not been too active on KT for quite a while. Things got really hectic at work when COVID started shutting down our nation (which was good for the business). Since working from home became the norm, Ms Tejun and I locked up the townhouse in Houston and relocated to our lakehouse on Toledo Bend Reservoir in East Texas. After spending about 3 months there, we decided that this would be the area for us to retire, but we’d have to find another home as Lakehouse B was pretty small, too small actually when trying to work from home comfortably. It didn’t take too long before we found a new place to call home and it was just a mile down the road. We bought the place, sold Lakehouse B and the Houston townhouse and are now full time residents on one of the premier lakes (Toledo Bend) for bass and crappie fishing and just 45 minutes from Lake Sam Rayburn, another fantastic lake well known for producing some trophy sized large mouth bass.

As of January 1, I am now semi-retired which equates to just filling an advisory role to the owner of the company and will have much more time to fish and tinker around with my gun collection.

Our new home sits on 9 acres of land with water view on North side and water front on the South side. It is a bit of a handful during mowing season, which in Texas is about 8 months out of the year, but we love it here. I am hoping to get back to visiting KT on a more frequent basis now, but its going to take me a while to get used to the new format. Cousin Mark sent me a private message a while back and it took me about 5 minutes to figure out where the inbox was :rolleyes:
Welcome back. Being semi or fully retired is addicting like Kimbers. I retired on 2007, the only thing I miss is interaction with others. Had 3 friends they all died @. 65. I’ll be 71 this month. Have a happy & healthy new year

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Hey Tejun welcome back and congrats on your new home. I'm going to semi retire myself this year. I can't wait to spend a lot more time at camp...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
...hey Tejun, welcome back to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...
...you be close to Louisiana.... .

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...hey Tejun, welcome back to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...
...you be close to Louisiana.... .
Yep, the Texas/Louisiana state line is just about 1/4 mile from me, right in middle of the lake

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Good to see you back here, Tejun! Congrats on the "ultimate" retirement crib too....I'm also one of the jealous ones.

I'm now well into "Geezerhood" (75), and can say with authority that retirement is highly recommended! Once here, all we have to concentrate on is staying alive longer and having fun with family and friends....and shooting as much as humanly possible!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good to see you back here, Tejun! Congrats on the "ultimate" retirement crib too....I'm also one of the jealous ones.

I'm now well into "Geezerhood" (75), and can say with authority that retirement is highly recommended! Once here, all we have to concentrate on is staying alive longer and having fun with family and friends....and shooting as much as humanly possible!
I’m a 19 year old trapped in a 71 year old body. The scary thing is I can’t get out. HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Tejun ole buddy so happy to see you online again and with great news. Congrats on the new crib and almost being retired. I've always wanted to fish Sam Rayburn lake. Once you get used to it the new format is pretty good and fairly user friendly.
A lot of Micro9 owners around here now but we are slowly converting them into also owning some Ultra's. I think we have won over 2 or 3 in the past few weeks...
Hey Arlan ! Let me know if you find yourself in the area we could do a fishing trip on Rayburn for sure !! I don't have one of those fancy smancy 20+ foot gazillion horsepower bass boats but my Ranger Aluminum is pretty comfortable to fish in. Ms Tejun keeps after me to buy a new boat, but I just can't justify paying $70K (or more) on one.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
Will do for sure, I would love that. Compared to todays $70K+ bass boats mine is plain jane but it's a nice riding, driving, easy to fish out of. A 1991 Stratos Pro 201 w/Johnson GT 200 it is 20' handles rough water very well. Just this last few weeks I bought some new reels and rods.
My favorite step son took delivery 2 weeks ago of one of those new Ranger Aluminum RT188P. It's real nice. I've not fished out of it yet but I will soon. On his very first trip he caught a big Hybrid.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will do for sure, I would love that. Compared to todays $70K+ bass boats mine is plain jane but it's a nice riding, driving, easy to fish out of. A 1991 Stratos Pro 201 w/Johnson GT 200 it is 20' handles rough water very well. Just this last few weeks I bought some new reels and rods.
My favorite step son took delivery 2 weeks ago of one of those new Ranger Aluminum RT188P. It's real nice. I've not fished out of it yet but I will soon. On his very first trip he caught a big Hybrid. View attachment 128323
You've taken great care of that boat for sure. It looks fantastic. Your stepson will love the RT188. I have the RT178 and it is perfect for what I do. I stay mainly in the creeks and don't get out in main lake much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts