Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other week I left the 308 DPMS Recon at the LGS a Midwest Industries smooth rail and LaRue trigger installed picked it up today. Then it happened, this was on the counter calling my name.

Daniel Defense DDM4 V7P. Pistol, 5.56, 10.3 inch barrel, M-Lok rail, one 32 round magazine. He installed a Gemtech quick mount while I waited and I just happened to buy an extra Holosun optic the other week at the gun show.
It feels about the same as the .22 M4.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Composite material Gun accessory
Wood Handle Rectangle Security Gas

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had always wanted a DD. I was finding them with really long barrels and I wasn't interested in those. I was sucked in by the 10inch tube.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
I had always wanted a DD. I was finding them with really long barrels and I wasn't interested in those. I was sucked in by the 10inch tube.
Shit, I forgot to add..
Happy Birthday!
🎂
I got distracted by the boom stick.

I think it's awesome!

I like shorter barrels on ARs.
Easier to get them in and out of tight spaces like vehicles.
Easier to maneuver in thick brush or inside a home.
Lighter weight.
I have a couple of 10.3 ARs
Be sure to use ear pro.
Even with a can, it will be extremely loud.
Without a can it will make glorious fireballs, and the concussion is like that of a much larger caliber.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
The other week I left the 308 DPMS Recon at the LGS a Midwest Industries smooth rail and LaRue trigger installed picked it up today. Then it happened, this was on the counter calling my name.

Daniel Defense DDM4 V7P. Pistol, 5.56, 10.3 inch barrel, M-Lok rail, one 32 round magazine. He installed a Gemtech quick mount while I waited and I just happened to buy an extra Holosun optic the other week at the gun show.
It feels about the same as the .22 M4. View attachment 131167 View attachment 131168
Happy Birthday my friend.

DD is awesome! :cool:

ps. Thanks for the MBT.

Motor vehicle Guitar accessory Automotive lighting Hood Silver

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats Arland on the new toy, and Happy Birthday too!

Way, way back in time when I was deployed in RVN, we kept seeing Spec Ops and SF guys with a "strange version" of the M-16. It was known as the XM177E2.....10" barrel, 5.5" supressor, and just wicked looking with a 30-rounder. I wondered then if we'd ever see anything like that back in The World. Well, it took a few years, but now we all can enjoy that very cool and strange weapon.

Wha-la, it was the beginning of what we now know as the M4 carbine, available to all of us. If you would have told me then that in 50 years we'd see that on the shelf at our LGS, I would never have believed you. Amazing what a few years can do.

Life is good! :) Now go and enjoy yours!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts