Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 926 Posts

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is intended for the use of rants..bitching and complaining about anything going on in the world that just makes you want to get on a soapbox and yell out to the masses...
It could be for people like me that are "high strung" and choose not to hold it inside or it can be for the less temperamental that occasionally want to piss on the fire just to vent..
I only ask that you keep it civil and please don't make it personal towards the membership...
So here's your chance to let it go and just RANT...

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
California Sen. Richard Blumenthal has already started blasting the NRA over guns because some little rich,BMW driving, crazy ass kid decided to kill 6 people in Santa Barbara on Friday evening..
They don't want to mention that the brat was off of his rocker since he was 9 years old and wouldn't take meds to help with his mental illness...
They forget that he stabbed 3 of his roommates to death first and yet no talk about banning knives..
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have never heard of a firearm jumping out of a safe and going on a shooting spree all by it's self....
Try taking my guns,take my knives and ya know what???
I'll beat you with a 2X4 until they ban wood...

Alrighty then...There's my RANT for today...Carry on..

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
California Sen. Richard Blumenthal has already started blasting the NRA over guns because some little rich,BMW driving, crazy ass kid decided to kill 6 people in Santa Barbara on Friday evening..
They don't want to mention that the brat was off of his rocker since he was 9 years old and wouldn't take meds to help with his mental illness...
They forget that he stabbed 3 of his roommates to death first and yet no talk about banning knives..
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have never heard of a firearm jumping out of a safe and going on a shooting spree all by it's self....

California has all of the gun control laws, and the kid complied with all of them( well, not the law against committing murder) . Seems to me that it is proof positive that the laws do nothing.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
California has all of the gun control laws, and the kid complied with all of them( well, not the law against committing murder) . Seems to me that it is proof positive that the laws do nothing.
You're 100% right on this...
Look at the last few mass shootings and you will see that the weapons were either legally bought or they were their parents firearms to begin with...
You can make all the gun laws in the world but if someone wants to bring harm to others not a thing will stop them from doing just that.
After all the Good Lord gave each of us all the assault weapons we ever needed and that's simply a pair of hands...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

Let's not forget that he also ran someone over with his BMW.

·
Registered
144 Posts
BAN BMW's

BAN BMW's!

Reactions: Trex and glokrok

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Politicians will always take advantage of knee-jerk reactions to further their agendas. As Obama has said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste." The sad part is that supposedly intelligent people spend the public's money to pass restrictive laws that chip away at our freedom yet make us less safe, not more safe. The most obvious example is school shootings. More laws won't do shit. What will, is tighter security. Better locks. Metal detectors, training, having armed security....whatever. Any thinking person can see that. But do they want to protect these school kids? Or do they want to use them to pass laws to further their liberal gun grabbing agenda.

Bottom line....gun control does not work, it is a placebo for stupid people who live in la la land where tinker bell teaches kids to fly.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Politicians will always take advantage of knee-jerk reactions to further their agendas. As Obama has said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste." The sad part is that supposedly intelligent people spend the public's money to pass restrictive laws that chip away at our freedom yet make us less safe, not more safe. The most obvious example is school shootings. More laws won't do shit. What will, is tighter security. Better locks. Metal detectors, training, having armed security....whatever. Any thinking person can see that. But do they want to protect these school kids? Or do they want to use them to pass laws to further their liberal gun grabbing agenda.

Bottom line....gun control does not work, it is a placebo for stupid people who live in la la land where tinker bell teaches kids to fly.
I can't go into a local,state or federal place of business without going through a metal detector and yet when I go to most schools to deliver a lift for my job I can walk in almost any door around the back of the school that is for delivery purposes only and get right in.
The elected officials are worried about their ass and yet our children have to wait for legislation and local voters to approve armed security at the schools.
Here in Missouri our House and Senate just passed a bill that will allow certified firearm trained teachers to carry while at school but our Democratic Govna is threatening a veto because of the anti gun movement.
Until the sheep wake up nothing will change and they will keep posting their "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED"signs and expect the deranged psychopaths of the world to obey them...
It's like a hole in a condom...it isn't going to protect you...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

I'm with you on this one BigDog there should be a law that says coffee can't get cold.
Put enough coffee drinking liberals in one place and deliver them cold coffee and that law will become reality. It won't prevent cold coffee from happening again but we will feel better.

Oh wait I thought we were talking about gun control....

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems that the Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanual is hell bent on ridding his city of firearms.
In his new proposal guns stores would be banned in 99.5% of Chicago and each purchase must be videotaped.
I'm guessing this former Clintonite has chosen to forget that in Jan 2014 a federal judge found the long time ban on gun stores in city limits were unconstitutional.
He seems to be doing anything he can since he's up for re-election and even has given 23K city funded internships for students that are undocumented citizens or as he calls them "Dreamers".

Here's the link to the story...

Plan For City Gun Shops Would Limit Sites, Require Sales Be Taped « CBS Chicago

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Video taping sales. That's treating law abiding citizens like criminals. And what will they do with the video? Accuse a citizen of a crime by using video because you look a lot like someone? Is this the "we can't outlaw it but we can make you miserable" strategy that Obama has used to put thousands of coal miners out of work? I'd love to hear their BS for justifying this violation of privacy.

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
I don't know what they do in your area but up here every LGS I've been in has video cameras set up for store security. Rahm says he's doing everything he can to make it as difficult for a gun shop to open in Chicago as possible without violating the the federal law.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I read back in January when the federal judge sided with the gun shops lawsuit that banning them was unconstitutional, that the city would be adding street cameras to the blocks where the stores will be.
They just want a close up and personal look at your face now.
One of the many problems I have with that is say you sell it down the road and do a bill of sale and now you haven't a clue where that gun will end up...
Do they come knocking on your door and want to talk to you if that gun is used in a crime??

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
I read back in January when the federal judge sided with the gun shops lawsuit that banning them was unconstitutional, that the city had already added street cameras to the blocks where the stores were.
They just want a close up and personal look at your face now.
One of the many problems I have with that is say you sell it down the road and do a bill of sale and now you haven't a clue where that gun will end up...
Do they come knocking on your door and want to talk to you if that gun is used in a crime??
Jeff, there are no gun stores in Chicago yet, the federal court says the city has to allow them but the city has yet to issue a permit for one.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jeff, there are no gun stores in Chicago yet, the federal court says the city has to allow them but the city has yet to issue a permit for one.
California..New York and add Chicago to my least places I would live or visit..

Al Capone and his boyz must be spinning in their graves...

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
This is a hot topic on the news this morning. Rahm will be presenting his idea of the regulations gun stores should meet in order to obtain a license to the city council today. He is saying gun stores will be banned in 99% of the city, they must be 500' from schools and parks, all sales must be videoed, police must have access to those videos and customers would be limited to purchasing 1 gun per month.

Right off the bat if that were passed nothing would stop an Illinois resident with a FOID card from buying a gun in Chicago then crossing the street into a suburb and buying 2 more.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
New Jersey has a bill pending that would set rules on where you can go with a gun in your car- for instance, you could not buy a gun and then drive to a friend's house to show it to him, or go skeet shooting with your buddies and then stop and get lunch on the way home.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I have been watching this story about a decorated marine who served 2 tours in Afghanistan and on March 31 was arrested in Mexico on gun trafficking.
Long story short, he made a wrong turn from the San Diego border and tried to turn around but by that time he was in Mexico.
He was in the process of moving to San Diego for treatment of PTSD and had all his belongings in his car trunk including a AR-15,45 cal pistol and a 12 gauge shotgun.
He has been visited by the American Consulate 11 times and SOS John Kerry visited Mexico last week,but briefly brought up the subject.
He has been chained to his bed because of a prior escape attempt and reports have been that he has been beaten...
Now,If this was Joe Biden's son he would have already be out and back home with his family..Here's a couple links on his story..

Border Crossing Where Marine Entered Mexico By Mistake Difficult To Navigate | Fox News Latino

Jailed Marine's friend claims he was beaten, chained to bed in Mexican custody | Fox News

1 - 20 of 926 Posts