Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just purchased a Micro 9 and noticed that in order to seat the 7 round mag takes a pretty good smack on the bottom for it to catch. I can't just push it in slow and have it catch. I have a 6 round inbound, but haven't received it yet to see if it goes in easier.

No rounds thru it yet, but soon.

TIA

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the high desert of central Orygun.

My Micro 9 needs a bit of a push to get the 7-rounders to seat properly. No big deal, it seats, and that's all that's needed. "Yes", the six rounders seat easier than the seven rounders do. Just give it a little bit of extra seating effort and you should be good to go. It's normal.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

·
Super Moderator
38,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum CorpOffRoader, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and where you're located.

Reactions: CorpOffRoader

·
Registered
158 Posts
I chamber a round and then load the mag with seven rounds and leave in the gun for weeks on end. It seems to ease the spring tension in the mags.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome from Oregon…
My micro 9 I can hold upside down and insert till it stops… push-in my mag release button and it’s in and locked..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped at the local Scheels and picked up another Kimber factory 7 round mag and it clicks in smooth as butter. Haven't had a chance to compare the one that came with the gun and the new one, but I will see what the difference is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts