Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If the Iraqi military knew that they were going to cut and run why in the hell didn't they fly all thier aircraft to a safe haven and destroy anything of value left behind?This is a no win sit.for the USA.I'm beginning to think that despite the sacrifices that our military has made there,and despite our dependency on oil,it may be time to wash our hands of any attempt to democratize this 9th century hellhole and leave these cretins to thier own devices.:mad:

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Prepare for $200+ barrels of oil and $7-10 dollar per gallon at the pump...
I hate to say it but a Caliphate is in the making in the middle east...

·
Registered
19,361 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
A civil war is imminent and at this point, who do you choose sides with??
Sunni or Shiite???
What's the difference between the two??

Why Sunnis and Shiites are fighting, explained in two minutes - The Washington Post
Well,as I understand the sit.ISIS ia heavily influenced and supported by Al-Queda(sp?).So if I had to choose sides I would choose a very weak and suspect Iraqi gov.Not unlike when France was our ally in WWII.What really puts a burr under my butt is the fact that ISIS is steamroling through the Iraqi(french)military like a hot knife through butter,and aquiring all the high tech (expensive)aircraft,tanks,firearms,ammo,anti-aircraft weapons,etc.that we the tax payers provided for the Iraqi(french)non-existent military.Will O'Bammy step up and do something or sit back and let the situation unfold?Who knows?But if I'm the USA and I know I've lost Iraq I'm gonna go out with a big bang,especially since it's almost the Fourth of July.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I'm not a military strategist by any stretch,but wouldn't it make sense to authorize air strikes to destroy these assets before they are put to use against the Iraqi gov.?
Exactly. Letting ISIS gain control of military grade aircraft will be disasterous. Have we forgotten what they can do with the civilian aircraft they have seized in the past?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I say we wash our hands of the middle east. If we're attacked by anyone, we just bomb them out of existence. No need to ground troops or nation building.

Reactions: bigdog10

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We need to lift the ban on our own oil reserves, build the Keystone pipeline and buy oil from Canada who needs to sell it and isn't going to hold us hostage like those towel-headed, hand ass-wiping, Stone Age nut job terrorist bastards. Fuck them. If nobody bought their oil they could just go back to herding goats.

Being dependent on those oily Neanderthals is a wrong that needs to be righted.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I agree PV, but tell us how you really feel.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
There is a problem with fighting wars when we are shackled by our own mores and limitations. We should have had Congress declare war and turned that place into Lake Iraq. Everyone else would sit up and act nice or face the same fate.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We don't fight wars anymore, that's not PC. We throw money at the people and give them gifts. If they shoot our soldiers we don't shoot back we build them schools and hospitals. If they continue to shoot and blow things up we give them more money. The soldiers are only cannon fodder to entertain the news media who are needed to convince the public to allow the the politicians and lawyers make the deals in the back rooms that make them richer. Exactly who appointed us as the worlds checkbook, grocery store, educator, housing authority and medical center? I think we should get our own house in order before we start complaining about our neighbors house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts