Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Effective October 1, 2021, the United States Postal Service (USPS) has revised “reduced” its service standards for certain First-Class Mail items, resulting in a delivery window of up to five days.
Please note that this may delay your receipt of mail to others and receipt of mail from you
Please take this change into account when mailing items to us USPS.

It is already 5 days across town here.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
The woman who used to deliver my mail was great and then she retired. After 2 years I’m finally getting mail again on time but I don’t use usps for packages. They never show up so I pay extra when I have to for UPS or FedEx. Amazon only delivers UPS to my house nowadays. After thousands of dollars in refund I received, I guess they got the picture.

The only way to fix USPS is to break it down and start over. Total mess.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The woman who used to deliver my mail was great and then she retired. After 2 years I’m finally getting mail again on time but I don’t use usps for packages. They never show up so I pay extra when I have to for UPS or FedEx. Amazon only delivers UPS to my house nowadays. After thousands of dollars in refund I received, I guess they got the picture.

The only way to fix USPS is to break it down and start over. Total mess.
USPS is still the better option for me.
UPS here is lazy and takes forever, and their tracking is next to useless.

Fed Ex is worse.
Every other Fed ex guy either cant find the address or shows up in a rental box truck and smells like pot.
I almost shot an Amazon guy.
Young kid in a ripped t shirt, driving a beat up Ford Taurus, pulls across my lawn and pops his truck and starts digging around. Then starys walking around my house looking for a back door.

Reactions: Short Fuse

·
Administrator
39,134 Posts
UPS, FEDEX and Amazon are my go-to companies for home deliveries. The USPS lost 40% of the stuff I ordered during the holidays last year.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
UPS and FedEX do a great job here. USPS does pretty good too, although they sometimes take forever on UPS handoffs for local delivery (Surepost). That said, I choose it for cheapest shipping so I really can't gripe. Besides, I'm not 'that guy' who clicks the buy-button then clicks on shipping updates everyday. It arrives when it arrives, and never had anything that didn't arrive, eventually.

·
Registered
252 Posts
UPS, FEDEX and Amazon are my go-to companies for home deliveries. The USPS lost 40% of the stuff I ordered during the holidays last year.
It is hit or miss here on all the delivery methods. Sometimes things get delivered to other houses and on occasion delivered to places not even close. I will acknowledge it has been getting better lately but am curious about the upcoming shipping season.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
When I'm in need of something that I really want to arrive properly, I avoid doing any ordering right before any big holiday, especially around the end of the year. The chances of losing a package are greatly reduced. Much less stress too. I'd never consider shipping a gun during this time either.

Planning is everything. Remember the old warrior phrase: "Victory to the Prepared".

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
My hatred for USPS should be well known. Rick and I are still wondering what happened to 3 Colt Woodsman magazines he sent me? All I got was a crushed empty box with the flap open...

I avoid sending or receiving from them at all costs.

Reactions: Chuck43 and JC45

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
USPS is still the better option for me.
UPS here is lazy and takes forever, and their tracking is next to useless.

Fed Ex is worse.
Every other Fed ex guy either cant find the address or shows up in a rental box truck and smells like pot.
I almost shot an Amazon guy.
Young kid in a ripped t shirt, driving a beat up Ford Taurus, pulls across my lawn and pops his truck and starts digging around. Then starys walking around my house looking for a back door.
Both UPS and FedEx are great around here. I guess it’s about who you get from them that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
We've had great service from both UPS and FEDEX. The USPS, as seems to be the consensus, is the option of last resort for packages. FEDEX has delivered pistols I've had worked on to my home provided an adult is available for signature. The only drawback with that is that the time of delivery isn't guaranteed so that can be a PITA. UPS will hold packages containing firearms at their hub it's more convenient as I can just show tip with ID when I want. Again these are things being returned by the factory or a gunsmith.
One note is that UPS typically keeps the same drivers in an area. That can be helpful if you like for boxes to be left in a certain location.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
UPS drivers are union and have routes. (Management isnt union). They have lost 3 medical supply packages in the last 4 months.

Fed Ex...is....well their hiring standards are a bit lower.
Around here they dont drive Fed Ex trucks. They drive Uhaul or Hertz. No uniforms.

Our USPS mail comes through the Jacksonville FL hub, which is apparantly staffed with crayon eating morons.
Thats the choke point where I worry about USPS screwing the pooch.
Our local Post office staff and carriers are awesome.

·
Registered
508 Posts
9/18 shipped a gun priority mail usps from Florida to Texas customer received 9/22 no issues. $24.00 with signature & ins. . Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
9/18 shipped a gun priority mail usps from Florida to Texas customer received 9/22 no issues. $24.00 with signature & ins. . Not a bad deal.
Handgun or Rifle/ Shotgun? Rifle/Shotgun can be mailed to someone in your own state or a FFL in another state. Unless you have A FFL you can’t ship a handgun using USPS legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
For me UPS is not without fault, they still have a big red mark in my book. You older members will remember the vintage 82 .22lr rifle I bought except it wasn't vintage when my FFL received it...it was BROKEN, had the bolt handle broke clean off, the box it was shipped in looked like a cardboard pancake with holes. The seller was a asshole and I wish I could have punched him in the throat. I never got anything from UPS.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
508 Posts
Handgun or Rifle/ Shotgun? Rifle/Shotgun can be mailed to someone in your own state or a FFL in another state. Unless you have A FFL you can’t ship a handgun using USPS legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sold on GB they had a page to ship filled it out checked USPS even had a box to mark handgun & priority . Shipped to a FFL in Tx. No problem. What more can I say it arrived in 4 days

·
Registered
34 Posts
They decided to close my post office in our small town. I use to get our mail like clock work at 10:30am. Now I'm lucky if I get it at all. Usually comes around 4-5pm.

Also received a flyer in our mail box that had instructions on it if we wanted to continue to receive mail. We had to fill out a form and then put it back in the mailbox and put the flag up. Crazy. We've been living here for 20 years.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One of the services that bothers me is Amazon.
We are Prime members. When I order something it says next day for Prime.
They have now qualified most of the "Next day delivery" for purchases of $35 or more but don't say that until check out and it always takes 2 days.
Speaking of Amazon, (which nobody was) we have been watching a 7 years series for several months. All of a sudden they took the series off Prime Free and are now charging $30 a month for what he had for free.
Amazon is the 1960s Sears and Roebuck but I still hate them.
Now I hear the post office is going to go into banking.
If it wasn't for political mail, we would get none. Every damn politician in the world has targeted my wife. The send us 50 cents worth of stamps and want $500 back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here where I live in Montana.... let say I send a letter to my neighbor. My local USPS truck picks it up.Then takes it to town puts it on a semi that takes it 130 miles away to Billings hub, to put it back on a semi..then comes back here 130 miles, put on are local truck to deliver to my neighbor total time about 4-5 days to someone that lives 500 yards away its a joke of a system IMO😂😂😂...
Someone please explain to me how you { Make Or Save $ } by doing a job slower 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Us Tennessee hillbillies aren't as sophisticated as Monatanans. Weuns bring things like that to our neighbors "500 yards away" without the services of a delivery carrier.

No major gripes about any of the carriers or Amazon for that matter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts