Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forehead Chin Facial expression Human Gesture

Lip Chin Eyebrow Eyelash Jaw

Check out the new Tijuana Credit Card. As of late, I've been diggin' the larger knives. They're better for preparing food, dining, hacking down bushes, and any other sundry task. The only question in my mind was, "how big is too big?"

The Spyderco Police 4 is big. When open, it's just under ten inches. Recently it's been made in a lightweight model with K390 steel. K390 is super-tough and it really holds an edge. I have a couple other knives that use K390, and it's great.

I could no longer resist, and decided to grab one of these babies. As soon as it arrived, I disassembled it to lessen the force on the lock spring. Then I dyed the scales from blue to purple, and moved the clip over for left-handed carry.

The knife is thin and carries nicely in jeans. it probably wouldn't be so great in light shorts or speedos at the beach, but K390 isn't impervious to saltwater, so it would be a bad idea anyway. The edge from the factory is slicey enough, but I'll probably make it better pretty soon.

Flower Plant Hand Yellow Gesture

Tool Wood Knife Everyday carry Composite material

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
I'm usually all about big knives but I would probably assign this to truck duty instead of my pocket...

Reactions: RustyIron
1 - 4 of 4 Posts