Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range and couldn't be more excited. My Warrior SOC and Stainless Ultra Raptor II just LOVE the Freedom Munitions 230g RN! They both ate up 100 rounds apiece like it was candy.

For those that remember my first round feed issue with my SOC... Its gone! My girl just flat doesn't want anything to do with Federal White Box or PMC but it loves the UMC and now the Freedom Munitions. I guess I'm most excited because I am totally confident that it was truly an ammunition issue.

I shot 100 rounds with my SOC. Flawless, smooth, and shot the best groups yet. I've got 700 down range now.

My Stainless Ultra Raptor II is just flat fun to shoot. Another 100 flawless rounds today for a total of 200. I am just as accurate with the Ultra Raptor as I am with the full size SOC from 10 yards and in. That little gun is a blast.

I'm definitely more accurate at 15 and 25 yards with the full size Warrior SOC but that's logical.

Chuck43, I owe you a beer next time I'm in the Chicago area. I can't say enough about the Freedom Munitions ammo. Thanks for putting me on it. Outside of how well it ran, it is very clean. I was surprised how clean.

Only problem I have now is I need to go ahead and order more. At 200 rounds each trip, 500 sure doesn't last long!

·
Registered
276 Posts
After reading these posts I'm suffering severe range withdrawls. I love the feeling of emptying your first magazine. The kick, sound, even the smell, makes it all worthwhile. I teach history all day and sometimes I drive straight to the desert and just shoot away. Healthier than Prozac and cheaper too!

Reactions: Chuck66

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Chuck43, I owe you a beer next time I'm in the Chicago area. I can't say enough about the Freedom Munitions ammo. Thanks for putting me on it. Outside of how well it ran, it is very clean. I was surprised how clean.

Only problem I have now is I need to go ahead and order more. At 200 rounds each trip, 500 sure doesn't last long!

I've been shooting it for about 3 years now and still can't get over how good it is. I don't think I've ever had a problem with a single round.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I've been shooting it for about 3 years now and still can't get over how good it is. I don't think I've ever had a problem with a single round.
I'm going to order some 9mm from them and some 10mm as soon as they get it back in stock.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
I'm going to order some 9mm from them and some 10mm as soon as they get it back in stock.
I just got back from the range myself where I ran through some Freedom Munitions .380 for the first time. Like their .45 ammo it was very clean burning and trouble free.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I just got back from the range myself.

I won't hijack this thread with my report, but I will definitely second your comment on the FM ammo. It ran perfectly and was cleaner than Georgia Arms.

It was a great day at the range. I am a happy man. (see follow up thread)

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Y'all are killin me! I didn't get to go to the range this weekend — first time this year, I believe. Hell, I'm dry firing in the closet just to feel the hammer fall. :mad:

But Chuck, glad to hear about your smooth shooting, fun and tight groups.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
It's time to come out of the closet. Join the rest of the world. :D
I don't know. I've heard dry firing in public will get you arrested.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you can't play with your pistol in the closet, what the hell good are you?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
It's my pistol. I'll ....

never mind.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I watched an interesting video on how to improve your accuracy. One of the main things not related to stance, grip, arms and eyes, was dry firing as a practice method. The theory is based on muscle memory and that the main reason you always (at least I do) have a few strays...especially the righty 7 o'clock strays, is that it is impossible not to anticipate the kick. And if you shoot nothing but live ammo, your muscle memory is always preparing for the kick. The guy says you should practice dry firing as much as you practice shooting live ammo. Yeah, I thought the same thing....."that's no fun!" Anyway, I can't have the gun out in the house while my obsessive son is home. So yeah, it is the closet or bathroom.:mad:

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
I watched an interesting video on how to improve your accuracy. One of the main things not related to stance, grip, arms and eyes, was dry firing as a practice method. The theory is based on muscle memory and that the main reason you always (at least I do) have a few strays...especially the righty 7 o'clock strays, is that it is impossible not to anticipate the kick. And if you shoot nothing but live ammo, your muscle memory is always preparing for the kick. The guy says you should practice dry firing as much as you practice shooting live ammo. Yeah, I thought the same thing....."that's no fun!" Anyway, I can't have the gun out in the house while my obsessive son is home. So yeah, it is the closet or bathroom.:mad:
But do you stand in front of the mirror and say...

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?....:cool:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
But do you stand in front of the mirror and say...

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?....:cool:
Of course! Don't we all?

Reactions: Marshall

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
You weren't a member here before Christmas so you probably missed this thread. If you want to make dry firing interesting check this out.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Suddenly I'm hearing this strange music, like, kinda ...

boom chaka, bow bow. boom chaka, bow bow ...

What the heck is that all about?

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
We're buying one for the house. That looks like so much fun to do. They even have plinking cans too..3 cans for $100...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts