Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FFL friend has a NIB Kimber K9S 2" snub. He is willing to let me have it for his cost.

Pros & cons of this model?

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Pro, You can always sell it for a profit. Con, 38 special and 357 mag ammo aren’t cheap or readily available these days.
I think if he’s giving you the gun for cost it outweighs the current ammo situation. Not our first ammo shortage and probably not our last.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
What JC said. Con: K6 didn't fit my hand, I didn't like the way it felt so didn't buy one, your mileage may vary.
Early on in production had some problems...

Reactions: JC45 and bad ninja

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
If I offered to sell a friend something at a discounted price, and they just took advantage of my generosity so they could flip the item for a profit, I would be offended and re-evaluate our friendship.
None of know why he’s giving him a discount. Maybe he owes him a favor or the gun had been sitting around too long and he can use the cash. If he didn’t care for the gun after shooting it, he should keep it forever ?

I really wasn’t implying to buy and sell the gun. My point was if you didn’t like the gun you won’t get stuck with it after paying cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to know what cost is if you are willing to share.

I love the K6s and have 4 currently. Two 2" models and two 3" models. They are my favorite carry guns. I'm looking to add a 4" combat and 4" target soon as well. If quality is a factor, they beat S&W hands down for anything that Smith is currently shipping in my opinion. My last two late model Smith's (627PC and 66 2.75") have had to go back to the factory multiple times for things that should have never left the factory for. Each of my Kimber's have been flawless and shoot well.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Tailwheel, or should we call you K6 fanboy? Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tailwheel, or should we call you K6 fanboy? Welcome to the site from Tennessee.
that will do :) Alabama here. Yes I do like my Kimber wheelguns. Fanboy? Sure, why not. I just wish they had not discontinued the TLE black versions before I got hooked on the K6.

All the best!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts