Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son unexpectedly stopped by this morning..... not a good sign. Hey dad, how ya doing, yadda, yadda, yadda, 45 minutes of babbling chit-chat when he says he has to get going, oh by the way. My boss asked if I wanted to go deer hunting with him tomorrow instead of going into work? BOHICA, do you think I could borrow one of your guns? What's wrong with your guns, well, it's shotgun or straight wall cartridge area and your Savage is nuts on at 100 yards. Do you have any ammo? Well, no, but I know you keep 5 or 6 boxes of shells in the case for the gun. #$%^%$#, I'm not sure where it's at, I haven't unpacked all my guns and hunting stuff. That's OK, you can sit here in the kitchen and I can go down and look for it. Thanks son, but I'll go down with you, I wouldn't want you to accidentally pick up the wrong ammo and if there is 5 or 6 boxes of ammo in the gun case you shouldn't need all that. Okay, I see your hunting jacket is hanging in the closet, I'll borrow that, so I won't waste time looking for mine. He's been hunting deer since he was 10 years old, he's 41 now, married with 4 kids, and he's still sucking the life out of me, LOL.

Shoe Musical instrument String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Yup, I feel your pain. I have two Sons 38 and 35 and they still haven’t bought one single box of ammo in their life. Dad reloads, who needs to buy ammo! Seems like their always “Borrowing “ some firearm that they need for hunting or just a range day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
764 Posts
Right. Just give him all your guns and ammo now.
My son, is pushing 50. He hasn't hunted in over 30 years. He owns a .22 rifle which resides in my safe...so I don't have to worry about him taking my collection. My daughter owns a Micro 9 which I bought her. She seldom shoots it. I guess I'm going to will my collection to someone who will use it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
My son, is pushing 50. He hasn't hunted in over 30 years. He owns a .22 rifle which resides in my safe...so I don't have to worry about him taking my collection. My daughter owns a Micro 9 which I bought her. She seldom shoots it. I guess I'm going to will my collection to someone who will use it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
@Argee I can PM you my full name and address...just sayin'

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Chuck that visit went just like I expected.

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's got good taste, of all my slug guns he grabbed my favorite, it's a Savage F210 bolt action 12 ga. 3" chamber. The barrel is free floated, magna ported, and has a Leupold 2x7 scope. I reworked the trigger to a crisp 3 1/2 lb, the gun will easily shoot 4" groups at 100 yards all day long.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I was thinking that you should be thankful that your son is into guns and most likely believes in the 2nd A! It could be worse Chuck. And, he probably doesn't pucker up when you discuss your hobby. There are a lot out there these days that would. LOL!

Reactions: wayne

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To respond to some of the posts made regarding my post.
I was posting this in jest, yes, he came over yesterday to borrow a gun and ammo. He has a Remington 870 with a slug barrel and scope I gave him when he was very young. He also has a nice firearm collection, I don't know what his personal ammo situation is, but I know it's difficult to find right now. He has been shooting since age 5 when I got him a BB gun. He started bird hunting at age 10 and shot and dressed his first deer at age 12. At this time in his life, he has probably harvested more than 25 deer, many of them while hunting with me. We have a family tradition, we never ever sell a gun, we just add to the collection. I have all of my grandfathers and father guns, they along with what I have bought in my lifetime will when the time comes become my sons.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Well Chuck, when your son 'needed' a rifle for hunting, he came to his dad and not someone else of possible questionable character.

My safe is pretty dang full from a lifetime of buying, trading, collecting, but both my sons and grandson may have even more than I do. Their collection includes mucho AR variants, along with mega long range stuff like Barrett .50's, 6.5 CM's, Chey-Tac's, beaucoup pistols and the like. My collection mirrors my age, more "mundane" stuff according to the young'uns.

The fact that our sons are now "gunny" is comforting in these uncertain times. They are the ones who will carry the load when we're gone and pushing up daisies. So be proud we raised true American lads, and not these pansy-ass libtard bun-boys who pass for what used to be men now.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
To respond to some of the posts made regarding my post.
I was posting this in jest, yes, he came over yesterday to borrow a gun and ammo. He has a Remington 870 with a slug barrel and scope I gave him when he was very young. He also has a nice firearm collection, I don't know what his personal ammo situation is, but I know it's difficult to find right now. He has been shooting since age 5 when I got him a BB gun. He started bird hunting at age 10 and shot and dressed his first deer at age 12. At this time in his life, he has probably harvested more than 25 deer, many of them while hunting with me. We have a family tradition, we never ever sell a gun, we just add to the collection. I have all of my grandfathers and father guns, they along with what I have bought in my lifetime will when the time comes become my sons.
AS GOD INTENDED! Good job Chuck.

Reactions: Chuck43
1 - 15 of 15 Posts