Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Kimber Black Ice Rapide 10mm on order from a large reputable dealer for appx 2 months now. Can't seem to get a good reasonable time frame for this to arrive. Are these pistols being produced from the new Alabama factory?Or from the old New York factory. Info seems to be very secretive for some reason. I know there are others here with these Rapides on order. Anyone have any pertinent helpful information?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I feel your pain three months ago I ordered a Sig P226 legion RX and no one knows when it's coming. About ready to cancel the order and get my money back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cucamonga kid:
I know it is hard to remain patient without some useful arrival info.But always seems to be worth it when that great looking new pistol shows up! Several years ago I waited over 6 months for a P226 TACOPS .357 Sig. Hope our orders come through soon.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Anyone have any pertinent helpful information?
Not sure how pertinent, but from what I learned from one of the nice Kimber CS gals was that the actual manufacturing is still taking in place in Yonkers, but all the assembly, testing and final machining is done in Troy. This was all just before the ChiCom crap hit us.

So I suppose it depends on how bad the Covid is in both places as to when production comes back to semi-normal levels. I feel your pain waiting, we've all been there, and it sucks.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
I was gonna say try GunBroker but I just checked it, they have 4 Rapide's up for auction two in 10mm and two in 45acp but they are listed for big money so I don't know about that...

Unless you have another pistol to use your dealing with the Covid waiting game.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a 25% deposit down on the Rapide Black Ice 10mm on order for several months now. It was a good price for a very nice Kimber so I said ok to an order without a specific delivery date. I am very anxious to receive this highly sought after new Kimber. The good thing about it is it seems to have gone up in value before taking delivery! Patience son, that is what my dear old Dad would say to me! Patiently waiting in Ohio!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am not sure, but I ordered 3 recoil assemblies for my Ultra Carry .45 on 7/17/20. The website said that they had them in stock. I have not received anything from them. Not a order confirmation email, shipping information nothing. I sent an email to CS and have not received a reply.
Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my K6 on order for 3 months.they told me my Gun was built and waiting on nite sights.That factory went full production 7/1

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard the factory temporarily shut down over NY Covid closures so I thought Cabela’s was gonna play it’s “Oops, sorry turns out we can’t get that” Trick when I ordered my 2 tone custom 2 in June but they had it in about a week. I’m guessing that was leftover warehouse stock that may have dwindled since then. Kimber has probably been in catchup mode ever since.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rapide Black Ice 10mm

Picked up my new Rapide Black Ice 10mm from the dealer today. Wow what a beautiful pistol!
Field stripped and lubed it in about 15 or 20 minutes, then took about an hour to put it back together!
I had some serious issues trying to reinstall the damn slide lock lever without scratching the hell out of the frame and slide.
Any tricks you Kimber enthusiasts have learned that will help a rookie Kimber 1911 owner.

I dread taking this nice pistol down again and molesting the beautiful finish on the slide and frame.
Certainly is more tedious than P series Sigs and Glocks.
The 4 month plus wait to receive this fine pistol was well worth it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a Kimber Black Ice Rapide 10mm on order from a large reputable dealer for appx 2 months now. Can't seem to get a good reasonable time frame for this to arrive. Are these pistols being produced from the new Alabama factory?Or from the old New York factory. Info seems to be very secretive for some reason. I know there are others here with these Rapides on order. Anyone have any pertinent helpful information?
Did you get yours yet? I ordered mine one year plus one week ago today. The "master dealer" I ordered from said as soon as it arrives I'll be contacted. Glad I paid upfront but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Johnboy, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Since it's been over a year, can you get a refund? I would search GunBroker and other online sources.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Did you get yours yet? I ordered mine one year plus one week ago today. The "master dealer" I ordered from said as soon as it arrives I'll be contacted. Glad I paid upfront but this is ridiculous.
That sure does sound like an unreasonable wait but...
...considering what's happened with retail prices in the last year it may be worth it? You likely won't find that same pistol available for what you've paid for the one on back-order, "glass half full" kinda thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts