Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase the Open Range in 6.5 creedmoor, I know it is fairly new on the market. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I can't fine any individual reviews and before I spend over $3M for the rifle I would like some input from members. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Welcome to the forum tiger1, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and where you're located.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
3m?
6.5cm is a great round. But I wouldn’t spend 3g on one. Love my Rpr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
6.5 cm is a helluva round.
Consistent and soft recoil.
My Savage is a tack driving machine at 500 yards.

Reactions: bhunted

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
I hope when you typed 3M you mean 3 thousand. Always heard 6.5CM was a great round. BUT I would NOT pay 3 grand for an Open Range Kimber rifle. And I am a big Kimber pistol and rifle fanboy. Sounds like someone or some business is trying to take you to the cleaners, unless it comes with a shitload of ammo and top tier optics and other swag?
I'd say other, better rifles available for that amount of $$$.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am about to purchase the Open Range in 6.5 creedmoor, I know it is fairly new on the market. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I can't fine any individual reviews and before I spend over $3k for the rifle I would like some input from members. Thanks

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
As a confirmed rifle-loony, I concur with 2sharp2, in that there is NO rifle worth three mill, let alone spending three grand for a factory rifle. The caliber is excellent, the Kimber 8400 series are good rifles, but NOT worth three grand!

I've got varmint rifles that will shoot under 1/4" @ 100 yds with my handloads that did not cost that much.

To the OP: If you want input on that Kimber, cruise over to both Accurate Shooter and Saubier to get input.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I hope when you typed 3M you mean 3 thousand. Always heard 6.5CM was a great round. BUT I would NOT pay 3 grand for an Open Range Kimber rifle. And I am a big Kimber pistol and rifle fanboy. Sounds like someone or some business is trying to take you to the cleaners, unless it comes with a shitload of ammo and top tier optics and other swag?
I'd say other, better rifles available for that amount of $$$.
I would have to agree.
Unless its a collectible piece of history, etc.

3 grand is custom rifle territory.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would have to agree.

I would have to agree.

Yes the price is $3300 + OTD, but I decided to purchase a Kimber Andirondack 6.5 CM for about half the price

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes the price is $3300 + OTD, but I decided to purchase a Kimber Andirondack 6.5 CM for about half the price
You made the better choice, IMHO.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just some advice from my own experience with these wonderful rifles: If you’re not getting consistent groups from sandbags, slide the front bag back under the front of the action, not out on the forend. Hold the forend instead of letting it free recoil. My first Kimber nearly drove me nuts with inconsistent groups! Learned these techniques by reading and experimenting. All five of em shoot great now!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just some advice from my own experience with these wonderful rifles: If you’re not getting consistent groups from sandbags, slide the front bag back under the front of the action, not out on the forend. Hold the forend instead of letting it free recoil. My first Kimber nearly drove me nuts with inconsistent groups! Learned these techniques by reading and experimenting. All five of em shoot great now!!!
Yes I'm aware, I previously owned a Kimber Montana in 308 Win. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes I'm aware, I previously owned a Kimber Montana in 308 Win. Thanks for the reminder.
Good deal! Took me a long time to learn how to shoot such a light rifle. Just hoping to save other folks the anguish, if they weren’t familiar with em! Enjoy the new rifle and let us know how she does!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts