Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and have a few kimbers. I recently purchased a BGR in 30-06. This particular rifle is a Colton, OR. model. Its a deluxe grade with inlaid swivel studs. I purchased it because by wife went to high school in Colton. The wood is beautiful and well finished. any other info on the gun would be great.

·
Administrator
39,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mainejohn, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and where you're located.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
Reactions: Jflytle

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
John, welcome from the far western reaches of the empire....the high desert of central Orygun.

That looks like a nice example of an early production Oregon Kimber BGR with the wood we used to see on a regular basis back then. Hang onto that rifle John, as replacing it will be quite a task.

The BGR was created quite a stir when it first came out, as up till then, Kimber had only produced their classic M82 Rimfire in various configurations. The BGR made an instant hit with hunters, as it had all the features of the pre-'64 M70, but in a more trim and lighter package, and with much better wood. Nice rifles! :)

One of my M70's was a .30-06, but with a .270 Win also in the safe, it was rebarreled in 1998 to .338-06 Ackley, and it's become the best elk killer I've ever hunted with. And no magnum nonsense either. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this rifle in 30.06. I recently noticed that the rear screw that attaches the trigger guard is missing. Any suggestions about where I can get a replacement screw? Thanks.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
@NebDan welcome to the site from Tennessee. Long shot but Brownells, Numrich, MidwayUSA? Maybe others I can't think of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts