Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, hope you’re doing well. I recently picked up a Kimber Custom ii chambered in 10mm. Hoping to learn a little about this project I just purchased. Want to add a rear site if possible and would like to know if if the “rapide” slide that’s vented will work?

Looking to build this for a friend of mine that has always wants a 1911 with optics. So just curious to see what I can learn. Thanks in advance. From WV thanks for add.

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
A 10mm Full size Rapide slide should work/function on your Custom.
I didn’t find a shop that would mill the slide on a Kimber with the Swartz safety system or not for an amount I was willing to pay. I think Ninja checked on this also.
I went the route of using a EGW optic plate that fits into the rear sight bevel.

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
The one I used on my Two-Tone that is now .460Rowland/.45acp and Stainless Raptor 9mm used a Holosun on both.
Rectangle Automotive exterior Font Red Gas
Air gun Trigger Wood Rectangle Gun barrel
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
Thank you for the quick response. I was wondering if the EGW optic plate would work.
They make several different plates you have to get the correct one of course.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hey everyone, hope you’re doing well. I recently picked up a Kimber Custom ii chambered in 10mm. Hoping to learn a little about this project I just purchased. Want to add a rear site if possible and would like to know if if the “rapide” slide that’s vented will work?

Looking to build this for a friend of mine that has always wants a 1911 with optics. So just curious to see what I can learn. Thanks in advance. From WV thanks for add.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts