Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find one of these for about 2 years now without any luck. I’ve got a couple suppressor’s in 45. 1 is a brand new Rugged Obsidian 45 I purchased specifically for the Kimber. I’ve got 23 Kimber Master Dealers within 100 miles of me and gave up calling them as they all say the TLE/RL II TFS isn’t in production any longer. I finally called Kimber directly a couple weeks ago and found out the this model along with the 9mm version are in production and have never been dropped. They also told me the Desert Warrior TFS is a available as well! The Kimber CS rep stated anyone of them can order it. She also sent me a new 2022 catalog that clearly shows both the TLE and the Desert Warrior!

Why would Master Dealers tell me they can’t order this model?
I did end up purchasing a FNX Tactical .45, shot it a few times and ended up selling it as it’s not a Kimber and polymer is not my thing!
I carry a CDP Pro II every day in a canted leather OWB holster which is 14 years old and still looks brand new.
I really want a TLE/RL II TFS .45!

Does anyone know of an online reputable place that has them in stock? I want a Brand New one.
Greg in Missouri

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
I have been trying to find one of these for about 2 years now without any luck. I’ve got a couple suppressor’s in 45. 1 is a brand new Rugged Obsidian 45 I purchased specifically for the Kimber. I’ve got 23 Kimber Master Dealers within 100 miles of me and gave up calling them as they all say the TLE/RL II TFS isn’t in production any longer. I finally called Kimber directly a couple weeks ago and found out the this model along with the 9mm version are in production and have never been dropped. They also told me the Desert Warrior TFS is a available as well! The Kimber CS rep stated anyone of them can order it. She also sent me a new 2022 catalog that clearly shows both the TLE and the Desert Warrior!

Why would Master Dealers tell me they can’t order this model?
I did end up purchasing a FNX Tactical .45, shot it a few times and ended up selling it as it’s not a Kimber and polymer is not my thing!
I carry a CDP Pro II every day in a canted leather OWB holster which is 14 years old and still looks brand new.
I really want a TLE/RL II TFS .45!

Does anyone know of an online reputable place that has them in stock? I want a Brand New one.
Greg in Missouri
Welcome to the forums.
Find a local LGS that carries Kimber.
Ask them to order one for you, and offer them a deposit.
My LGS will order anything I want.
My LGS isn't a "Kimber Master" dealer, but they sell alot of Kimbers.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
Find a local LGS that carries Kimber.
Ask them to order one for you, and offer them a deposit.
My LGS will order anything I want.
My LGS isn't a "Kimber Master" dealer, but they sell alot of Kimbers.
Try reeds out door fitters, tall tales & the modern sportsman just google these dealers I’ve bought from them no problems, also free shipping & no tax

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Googling this particular Kimber comes up with a big fat goose egg. Plenty of listings from 6 years ago. Some show in stock but haven’t been in as long. Gun finder apps come up with nothing. Nothing on Gunbroker although I prefer not to pay out the nose for one. I know suppressors are popular these days, but this is ridiculous trying to find this pistol….at least for me it has been. I’ll check your lead out as well.

Thank you,

Greg in Missouri

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Alot of gun stores by from distributors, who buy from Kimber.
That's why I suggested visiting stores and trying to find one that carries Kimber firearms, and asking them if they can get you one.
The deposit let's then know you are serious.
👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been there done that! I have the largest pistol store in Missouri 10 miles away. They’re a “Kimber Master Dealer” and charge full retail + 10-20% and state the TLE/RL II TFS is out of production. I live in a touristy area which is also rural and everything costs more than it should. I like supporting local businesses, but 20% above retail is gouging. I don’t care if it’s dropped shipped from a distributor as long as it’s absolutely brand new and isn’t a display piece. I purchased a CMMG BANSHEE .45 Mk300 a couple years ago through Guns.com that was handled in the store plenty! Thank goodness it had an inspection period of 3 days. My FFL/SOT called me immediately and sent photos showing the scratches and damage to the Burnt Bronze Cerakote and returned it the next morning. Overall I’ve had good luck purchasing firearms online except for the CMMG. They made good on it though!

I appreciate the reply! I was down in Branson this weekend and stopped at Bass Pro Shop. Another “Master Dealer” who never heard of a threaded Kimber .45. Gun counter guy looked at me like I had 3 heads 😂 I brought the 2022 catalog with me knowing my wife and I would be driving right past BPS on MO65. We have another Bass Pro about 75 miles away in Columbia and same deal. My FFL/SOT can’t order directly from Kimber either. They require a commitment of 20 firearms per year to have an account with Kimber.
Thanks 🙏🏻 I think I found one 🤞

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I signed up for the place in Alabama and couldn’t find a phone number. I did send an email asking
Gun.deals is where I found the one I linked above. Took about 30 seconds. Only one listed on there.
I called Family Firearms right after signing up for an account…their message says they’ve been out of ammunition since 2020…if you’re calling to order a firearm please leave your name and number. Sounds like a run out it the house FFL.
We’ll see😏

Either way I appreciate your reply and the time it took to steer me to one I may have missed. I have tried multiple “gun search” engines including Guns.com for this pistol without success. I’ve purchased firearms using Guns.com.

Greg in Missouri

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Been there done that! I have the largest pistol store in Missouri 10 miles away. They’re a “Kimber Master Dealer” and charge full retail + 10-20% and state the TLE/RL II TFS is out of production. I live in a touristy area which is also rural and everything costs more than it should. I like supporting local businesses, but 20% above retail is gouging. I don’t care if it’s dropped shipped from a distributor as long as it’s absolutely brand new and isn’t a display piece. I purchased a CMMG BANSHEE .45 Mk300 a couple years ago through Guns.com that was handled in the store plenty! Thank goodness it had an inspection period of 3 days. My FFL/SOT called me immediately and sent photos showing the scratches and damage to the Burnt Bronze Cerakote and returned it the next morning. Overall I’ve had good luck purchasing firearms online except for the CMMG. They made good on it though!

I appreciate the reply! I was down in Branson this weekend and stopped at Bass Pro Shop. Another “Master Dealer” who never heard of a threaded Kimber .45. Gun counter guy looked at me like I had 3 heads 😂 I brought the 2022 catalog with me knowing my wife and I would be driving right past BPS on MO65. We have another Bass Pro about 75 miles away in Columbia and same deal. My FFL/SOT can’t order directly from Kimber either. They require a commitment of 20 firearms per year to have an account with Kimber.
Thanks 🙏🏻 I think I found one 🤞
Family Firearms is good to go.

Pro tip:
Find a good local shop.
I drive 50 miles past probably 20 shops to visit my LGS.
It's worth the drive.
I get better prices than any web store by a large margin, and they will order me whatever I want.
I have never paid MSRP for anything there.

Full disclosure: I bribe them with BBQ ribs smoked chicken, and good fellowship.
I strongly suggest building a good relationship with a local gun store, even if you have to drive a bit to find one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Kimber won’t/can’t tell me which dealers has them in stock. Only to call their local dealers and ask if they can order one for me? I’ve called my LGS’s and all I can find out is they are unobtainable! My FFL can’t order one, my favorite LGS can’t order one, Bass Pro Shop can’t order one! I can’t order one directly from Kimber. I keep searching for one…it’s like they made a dozen total..LOL! I can find plenty of old listings for them from years ago..some as low as $749! Maybe it’s the threaded barrel/suppressor thing? Like when Colt let some LE6920’s slip out. I had the FN FNX Tactical .45 but hated it. It was a giant sized polymer Glock. I never shot it suppressed but after 5 shots knew right away I didn’t want it! Living rural there’s nowhere to test any firearms out before purchasing.…you either purchase what they have or not.

Note: I’ve owned Kimbers for a lot of years. 3-45’s, a Micro nine and even bought a 380 for my wife. I carry a 4” CDP PRO II daily and have for 14 years. Kimber replaced my night sights free of charge 2 years ago including shipping both ways so I have ZERO complaints with them! I’ve never had this kind of difficulty’s purchasing a firearm like this! I don’t get it?

Greg in Missouri

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
You just now finding out Covid caused a shortage of everything?

I have the Pro model of the Custom that you desire…
Pink Magenta Red Font Trigger

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks

Kimber won’t/can’t tell me which dealers has them in stock. Only to call their local dealers and ask if they can order one for me? I’ve called my LGS’s and all I can find out is they are unobtainable! My FFL can’t order one, my favorite LGS can’t order one, Bass Pro Shop can’t order one! I can’t order one directly from Kimber. I keep searching for one…it’s like they made a dozen total..LOL! I can find plenty of old listings for them from years ago..some as low as $749! Maybe it’s the threaded barrel/suppressor thing? Like when Colt let some LE6920’s slip out. I had the FN FNX Tactical .45 but hated it. It was a giant sized polymer Glock. I never shot it suppressed but after 5 shots knew right away I didn’t want it! Living rural there’s nowhere to test any firearms out before purchasing.…you either purchase what they have or not.

Note: I’ve owned Kimbers for a lot of years. 3-45’s, a Micro nine and even bought a 380 for my wife. I carry a 4” CDP PRO II daily and have for 14 years. Kimber replaced my night sights free of charge 2 years ago including shipping both ways so I have ZERO complaints with them! I’ve never had this kind of difficulty’s purchasing a firearm like this! I don’t get it?

Greg in Missouri
When I ordered my TLE pro two years ago my LGS said 10 days and it would be here. That turned into months of waiting/excuses followed by a full refund. Found one on gunbroker and had it in my hand in a week. You might search there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This is available in Floridaguntrader.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is available in Floridaguntrader.com
Thanks Paul. Wrong pistol though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts