Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a couple of hours at my favorite gun shop today. He is not only a Kimber Master dealer, he has become a Kimber distributer. Dan the owner told me that to become a Kimber dealer requires an up front purchase of $22,000. A lot of small shops can't afford to do that. Now that he's a distributer, they can buy what they want from him without the large investment. Sounds like a winner for smaller gun shops to me.

Being a master dealer/ distributer, the shop has a huge inventory of Kimbers. I fondled pretty much every model. He had six stainless Solo's and 10 Micro's and sold them all within a matter of days. He's got more coming along with six Saphires.

Sportsmans Stop is the name of the place. He doesn't have a web sight but sells a lot on Gunbroker. Here's a link to one of his adds. Click on view sellers other auctions to see some of his inventory.

Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II 45ACP Free S/H : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
I can only dream of having a dealer like that around me. Kimber used to list their master dealers on their website but they no longer do that, they just list dealers. Does anyone know where you can go to find out who their master dealers are?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Their price on the SCUHD is not that great, @ $1,470.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Maybe not Heaven but at least "Kimber Glory Hole."
If he gets six Sapphires, he is indeed the "King." Most dealers I have talked to have ever only had one or maybe two Sapphires ever.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe not Heaven but at least "Kimber Glory Hole."
If he gets six Sapphires, he is indeed the "King." Most dealers I have talked to have ever only had one or maybe two Sapphires ever.
Guarantee it's not "if" but when. He said two are already sold.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
My LGS ordered one for me with a committed sale price of $1,450. But if we can get the med bills out of the way and the order doesn't show up soon, I may have to make nice with gunbroker.com and order one from them.

Reactions: Chuck66

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Master Dealers?

I'm not sure if they are master dealers, but I have two shops close by me that stock a bunch of KImbers. Deaton's in Loganville, Georgia (where I got my Pro Carry II)
Deatons.jpg
and Clyde Armory in Bogart, Georgia (where I have bought a bunch of guns).
photo.jpg
For folks ion the east side of Atlanta, John Deaton and Andrew Clyde are good folks to deal with. Both run nice, clean, friendly and professional shops. ;););)

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Wish they listed inventory.

Edit: I see Clyde's Armory does. They have a Super Carry Ultra HD ............ for $1,699. It will probably remain there for a while.

I see you have to add it to your cart to get the actual sales price. $1,499.00 is still a bit too high.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Kimber heaven is a gun store with a large 1911 case dedicated only to Kimber. This is the Kimber case at Lotus Gunworks near me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
How come I can't have a stocking dealer like that in my area? The best we have is Cabela's, they may have 5 or 6 Kimbers at the most.

·
Registered
868 Posts
How come I can't have a stocking dealer like that in my area? The best we have is Cabela's, they may have 5 or 6 Kimbers at the most.
I'll be happy if kimber doesn't allow their current 1911s to fall off the Ca approved list. Anything new they come out with in the future will be SOL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kimber heaven is a gun store with a large 1911 case dedicated only to Kimber. This is the Kimber case at Lotus Gunworks near me.
I've been in there. They are stupid high on prices and treat Kimber like it's something special. They don't realize that it's just an overhyped production gun that looks pretty on the outside but is not worth the money on the inside. But lots of stupid people think they are upper tier due to the over hyped advertising.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts