Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of picking one of these up tomorrow and have it on hold, but there is one issue. There is NO switch to turn the laser off under the Hogue logo for programming on the G10 grips. Where is the off switch? The little switch is missing and not on this model.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Like you have discovered I don't think the Hogue laser grips have a dedicated on/off switch like the Crimson Trace grips.
From the Hogue website it looks like it always has power it's just activated with the recessed switch by finger pressure...but I've been wrong before.
All my laser grips are Crimson Trace so I don't know.
Unless it is used or something the KHX Custom would have had a Crimson Trace grip from factory???
What's the rest of the story?
CT switch just above and to the right of the bottom grip screw.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the Kimber site it looks like the KHX has an on / off switch under the Hogue logo programming switch, but in hand there is nothing there. At this point unless I am missing something you cannot turn the laser off without removing the batteries.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Color me surprised I looked at the Kimber site, I didn’t know Kimber was using Hogue products? It does look like a switch on/off in the middle.

What’s the big deal, why the major concern about a on/off switch? My Crimson Trace grips have on-off switches but I almost never use it, even the ones that mostly live in the safe they just stay on. It does not affect battery life. CT has free battery replacement anyway and I just order new batteries as needed.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are times I want it on and others when I want it off. Like when I am cleaning so it’s not blasting me in the eyes every time I touch the grips. I’m trying to figure out if it was an error at the factory because this model doesn't have a switch to turn it off. I’m also wondering if there was an update where you can do everything from the program button if the switch is not there.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Your gonna have to contact Hogue or Kimber maybe both for your answers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts