Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All:

I'm new to your great forum, and having a great time as well!

Question:
I own a Kimber model 82 s/n SG16, it is #16 out of 17 total.
It is a super grade, ie:SG! not a super America. It has the E.C. Bishop grade 4
walnut stock, with the original Leupold 4 power compact scope, that from what I can gather, Leupold, contracted with Kimber, at the time to scope these rifles with.
It is in 99% condition, with a build date of early 1980, do you all have any additional information, or thoughts of its value!

thanks all!

shreaddog

·
Registered
15,763 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Sorry can't help with your rifle question but I am sure someone here can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi....info on Super Grade I have is as follows and I am pretty sure it is correct:

And I quote.."The Super Grade Model 82 also appeared in 1989, briefly replacing the Super America, it was never popular." This quote came from the US Bolt-Action Rifles J-K US Bolt-Action Rifles J-K

Hope this helps as if you really do have a Bishop "SG" it was introduced 5/14/80 and would be probably be worth more than the 1989 version. Don't know the difference between the Bishop stock, the Fischer stock and the Kimber "SG" stock from 3/23/81

I own many Kimbers, the oldest being a Bishop stocked Classic Model 82 #3XX and a 1 of 500 S Series #1XX. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I know what the Kimber Collectors Manual says but don't believe all you read as Kimber records really sucked in the beginning.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome, Gary. Thanks for the contribution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.