Kimber Talk Forums banner

So should I send it in under warranty, or sell it to get some money back?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
40,100 Posts
Must be costing Kimber a fortune in in shipping cost and repair cost to be fixing the same thing over and over. Seems to me that they would be saving a lot get it right when they are manufactured.
Mine is in for repairs for the same problems that I read about in this forum. Maybe I should have read the forum posts before buying.
I recently got a recall notice for my $40,000.00 Chevy truck, seems to me that they would be saving a lot it they got it right when they were manufactured. Back in the 70s, I went through the same thing with the Ford truck I bought. Wilson Combat, Ed Brown and Nighthawk have service departments for correcting issues with their products. They put erasers on the ends of pencils for a reason, people make mistakes, it's all about how they deal with the issue and the service they extend you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took it to the range. Shot 35 rds 115 FMJ, 21 rds 125 FMJ and 21 rds of 115 JHP. No FTF or FTE issues. It drop 2 slides, both on the 1st round from the mag. I think I didn’t fully engage the mag or slap it hard enough. So far so good. I did have to tighten the screw on the mag butt extender.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Took it to the range. Shot 35 rds 115 FMJ, 21 rds 125 FMJ and 21 rds of 115 JHP. No FTF or FTE issues. It drop 2 slides, both on the 1st round from the mag. I think I didn’t fully engage the mag or slap it hard enough. So far so good. I did have to tighten the screw on the mag butt extender.
Reflex camera Camera lens Digital camera Camera accessory Wood

It's hard to see, but there is a slight from the bottom of the grip to the top of the mag cap. With the mag loaded and inserted in mag well there is a slight gap between them. I can physically compress the magazine and feel the spring resistant. If your mag isn't doing that the fix is easy. Remove the mag cap and lay a sheet of sandpaper (80-100 grit) on a flat surface and rub the cap on it and remove a little material. Then your mag won't bottom out before it fully seats in the mag release slot.

·
Registered
474 Posts
View attachment 128004

It's hard to see, but there is a slight from the bottom of the grip to the top of the mag cap. With the mag loaded and inserted in mag well there is a slight gap between them. I can physically compress the magazine and feel the spring resistant. If your mag isn't doing that the fix is easy. Remove the mag cap and lay a sheet of sandpaper (80-100 grit) on a flat surface and rub the cap on it and remove a little material. Then your mag won't bottom out before it fully seats in the mag release slot.
Good idea. Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I guess sending a new gun back to the factory did the trick. 150 rounds of both 115 JHP and White box 115 FMJ and not a single issue. I feel secure carrying it now.
Great news! Good to hear.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I guess sending a new gun back to the factory did the trick. 150 rounds of both 115 JHP and White box 115 FMJ and not a single issue. I feel secure carrying it now.
I had the same experience. It's frustrating to have to send it back, but Kimber customer service was awesome. Since it came back, I've put 115, 124 and 147 grain FMJ, JHP, HST through it without a single problem.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
...my Micro 0mm ran great for 400 rounds or so, and then began to develop FTE and FTF issues; recleaned it including the extractor... every nook and cranny; FTE/FTF continued; sent it in...
...ran great for awhile, then FTE/FTF continued... ...cleaned it up real good and sold it for what I had in it.... ...got a Kimber Ultra CDP II 9mm and its fine.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
^^^ I love a happy ending ^^^!!

Reactions: Dadeoo
21 - 33 of 33 Posts