Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe so. I don't want to have to send the whole pistol. I have an M Carbo trigger kit on it which they will happily thrown in the trash.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Midwest gun works sells factory parts

·
Administrator
41,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum weeta886, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your hobbies, and what area you're located in.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Midwest gun works sells factory parts

MGW is sometimes hit or miss - but always the best bet for factory parts that the manufacturer doesn't have. They have occasionally had parts I simply couldn't find anywhere else and the OEM told me to go pound... we don't make those anymore (Taurus).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've checked with MGW and they don't have the parts far as I can see. I'll call Kimber later today. Hopefully they will sell me the parts without having to send in the pistol.

Thanks for all the replies. I do appreciate it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a M9 magazine release assembly directly from Kimber, used the excuse that the gun was highly modified and I didn't want to pay the repair charges from Kimber. I had the mag drop issue.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
MGW is sometimes hit or miss - but always the best bet for factory parts that the manufacturer doesn't have. They have occasionally had parts I simply couldn't find anywhere else and the OEM told me to go pound... we don't make those anymore (Taurus).
I’ve been lucky the few times I needed them. It’s the first place I look when a spring goes flying. It’s definitely hit or miss.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a M9 magazine release assembly directly from Kimber, used the excuse that the gun was highly modified and I didn't want to pay the repair charges from Kimber. I had the mag drop issue.
I had the mag drop problem with my new M9 as well. First thing I did was remove the mag base plate and sand a couple thousandths off the top. Then I installed a heavy mag catch spring for a Sig P938 I ordered from Numrich. Problem solved, no mag drop issues thru the next 300 rounds since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts