Kimber Talk Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
UPDATE; Sent Micro 9 in 3/16/17, repaired and sent back 4/11/17. Various work was performed, all springs were changed, extractor adjusted, reamed and polished but a complimentary service all 7 rd mags were changed out. As mentioned 2/5 fit lose and believed to be the culprits of coming lose causing FTF and mags falling out. No mention what the problem was, I guess hopes are that changing all will solve the problem? Six mags were fired to test at Kimber.

They do fit tighter than the old mags, have not shot it yet, but all is tighter. Will keep posted on updates.

All new mags have the double notch? Compared to other, 2 double that were lose, 3 single notch.

Another UPDATE
: mags all good, none came lose, no failures or FTF after 50 rds. But, Ejection is still bad, called Kimber, working on ejector now. I know there are other threads for that problem.

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
I checked my magazines, it appears I'm not really looking when I buy a spare! All of my magazines--blue, foreign or stainless--feed, fire and eject. They have done so for many years.

Ahh, there's always a secret. Back when I was a dumb kid I would buy ten magazines. I'd shoot them, and then give away (or throw away) any magazine that balked. I had a simple formula. If a magazine failed, it was never put into the gun. In fact, unless it was a premium magazine, I never even broke them down for parts.

...and I also paid a king's ransom in parts and firearms sent out to Tussey Custom...

Oh, and I do own a revolver, it's someplace...

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Update: Contacted Kimber and I'll be sending my Micro in for an RMA
I am new to the forum.
I know this thread is old. I have searched for information concerning the magazine problem on the Micro 9.
My experience has been to date. Ordered 2 extended magazines after waiting for months, finally received the 3 then they were out again. When back in stock, ordered 3 more and received.
The first two fit lose and have two cut outs for the magazine latch on each side. The last three fit alot tighter, only one cutout for the catch. I believe it is the first 2 ext mags that are coming lose causing a FTF, not falling out but unlocking and dropping down. Just yesterday I paid close attention to my hand/finger placement and that is not the problem.
So, 3/5 ext mags and the 6 rd fit tight, the other 2 are very loose and coming lose. I will call Kimber but do we have any input?
Billp4, In this old thread, the OP and one other member had an issue of random magazines falling out. They have not been online since 2016 & 2017 but BOTH called Kimber and got RMA's returned the pistols for warranty work. Best I can tell that corrected the problem.
So you may have to do the same, since you are NOT thumbing the mag release while firing!

Oh and welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
26 Posts
Old thread, but I will update it anyway.

I am a new owner of a Micro 380 with zero issues so far. I bought two additional OEM magazines, all of which are functioning perfectly. Not a lot of rounds down range yet, but in my experience pistols and magazines that initially work well, will continue to do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my Micro 9. had the same problem. if I used my pinky finger to hold the magazine in place (under the mag supporting it), the gun fired flawlessly. I called Kimber and sent them my gun. So, waiting to see what they say. in the meantime, I order some 7 round Sig magazines that fit with some minor mod of the plastic extension, got to be better than the Kimber mags! they are extremely hard to load the 7th round.

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Mjrohaley61, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts