Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yeah, go to your LGS and see what you get for it. Your Gold just turned into Lead.
That's probably the worst place to try and sell a gun.
A retail store will need to purchase low enough to make a solid profit, as well as cover the time it will spend on a shelf.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah, go to your LGS and see what you get for it. Your Gold just turned into Lead.
As @PaulR said...I wouldn't sell them...but I can't speak for my heir's...and if I were to sell them I sure as hell wouldn't "trade 'em in" at the LGS. I'd sell them privately or on that bid crazy GunBroker. Besides, I only have one gun in my possession right now that I'd be willing to sell...the rest are keepers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
As @PaulR said...I wouldn't sell them...but I can't speak for my heir's...and if I were to sell them I sure as hell wouldn't "trade 'em in" at the LGS. I'd sell them privately or on that bid crazy GunBroker. Besides, I only have one gun in my possession right now that I'd be willing to sell...the rest are keepers.
Have you started to break in the Ultra? The trigger is super nice no take clean crisp break. The only thing I didn’t like was the sights. I upgraded mine with the truglo pro tFx. Big difference especially @ night if u going to carry for EDC

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Have you started to break in the Ultra? The trigger is super nice no take clean crisp break. The only thing I didn’t like was the sights. I upgraded mine with the truglo pro tFx. Big difference especially @ night if u going to carry for EDC
I've been using my laser cartridge and have racked it a few hundred times. Shitty weather and time constraints probably won't let me get out and shoot it until I get to my brother's place in Tennessee. Then on to Florida where I'll be right down the road from a range.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I'd be out shooting right now if there wasn't 3" of snow on the ground. I HATE chasing fired brass in the snow! Hot brass sinks down into it and makes it very hard to find as a result. I've got ammo coming out of my arse, plenty of Kimbers to shoot it up with, but recovering from my second total hip replacement surgery, snow, wind, rain and hobbling about with my cane makes it nary impossible.....right now. (I know, take one of your wheelguns out......)

Whine over, we now return to our regular programming........

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd be out shooting right now if there wasn't 3" of snow on the ground. I HATE chasing fired brass in the snow! Hot brass sinks down into it and makes it very hard to find as a result. I've got ammo coming out of my arse, plenty of Kimbers to shoot it up with, but recovering from my second total hip replacement surgery, snow, wind, rain and hobbling about with my cane makes it nary impossible.....right now. (I know, take one of your wheelguns out......)

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Well wishes for a total recovery. I've had 2 Total Knee Replacements and one redo..so I can feel your pain. We received 6" of snow last night on top of the 3 - 4 from the other night..so finding brass is now a spring project. We have a high of 8° today...I can't get out of here soon enough.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thanks Paul. Not sure if "speedy" is in the cards though. Healing up takes longer it appears once you're over 70. I'll be back tromping through the sage by the time varmint season arrives....hopefully. ;)

Well wishes for a total recovery. I've had 2 Total Knee Replacements and one redo..so I can feel your pain. We received 6" of snow last night on top of the 3 - 4 from the other night..so finding brass is now a spring project. We have a high of 8° today...I can't get out of here soon enough.
Thanks there, Argee. Seems us old guys run mostly replacement parts! Getting old is NOT for sissies!
I suppose I shouldn't whine about the snow as we're officially in a drought, but it sure makes driving testy, and it sure does inhibit our 'outdoor activities' other than skiing, which I wisely gave up years ago. Personally, I'm just grousing to get out and run a few hundred rounds through anything in the safe!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thanks there, Argee. Seems us old guys run mostly replacement parts! Getting old is NOT for sissies!
You got that right! The only thing golden about my golden years is the doctors wallets.

I guess I should be thankful as I'm still getting up on the turf side of the dirt every morning.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Paul. Not sure if "speedy" is in the cards though. Healing up takes longer it appears once you're over 70. I'll be back tromping through the sage by the time varmint season arrives....hopefully. ;)

I suppose I shouldn't whine about the snow as we're officially in a drought, but it sure makes driving testy, and it sure does inhibit our 'outdoor activities' other than skiing, which I wisely gave up years ago. Personally, I'm just grousing to get out and run a few hundred rounds through anything in the safe!
I hear you. I remember a few years back I had knee replacement boy was that painful. It sucked. It’s a bitch getting old. 10 years ago I had bypass surgery 6 months of pure pain with my chest busted open. Honestly I never thought I would still be living I’ll be 71 on the 29th. I’m the oldest male on my fathers side. He passed @. 52 in 1978. I guess only the good die young. In the mean time I make it to the range once a week my Kimbers don’t like being neglected

1 - 20 of 39 Posts