1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Micro sized striker 9
grip zone
low battery life optic

Kimber made a hellcat.
Had a Hellcat nice in some ways but wasn’t fond of the trigger. To cut thru the chase I Love my Ultra & having the Truglo pro day night sights installed. Hope to have it back in the next day or 2. That will will be my EDC.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
There's a market for these guns.
The Hellcat sells.
If the trigger is good it will sell too.

500 hours of battery life defeats the purpose of having a shake awake optic.
I guess that saves cost, but I'm guessing the OI version aint gonna be cheap.
It does look alot better in that video than those horrible potato pics in the catalog.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought you wanted to get an Ultra?
I do and I will...eventually. The size of this comes between the Sig P365 and the Shield Plus. I want concealability..the Micro 9 gives me that. I want to wrap my hand around this one and see what it does for me. I held an Ultra and it was nice but not earth shattering...

·
Registered
473 Posts
There's a market for these guns.
The Hellcat sells.
If the trigger is good it will sell too.

500 hours of battery life defeats the purpose of having a shake awake optic.
I guess that saves cost, but I'm guessing the OI version aint gonna be cheap.
It does look alot better in that video than those horrible potato pics in the catalog.
Like they say in the car business there is an ass for every seat

·
Registered
473 Posts
I do and I will...eventually. The size of this comes between the Sig P365 and the Shield Plus. I want concealability..the Micro 9 gives me that. I want to wrap my hand around this one and see what it does for me. I held an Ultra and it was nice but not earth shattering...
I’m just a 911 guy.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
MSRP of $599 optic ready.
$799 optic installed.
That's not bad. OI version is more than I paid for my Ultra, but thats a different gun.

That optic is terrible tho.
CT makes decent aiming lasers but their optics are janky.

I dont hate it as much as I thought I would...
but its not for me.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Micro sized striker 9
grip zone
low battery life optic

Kimber made a hellcat.
I completely agree… Kimber… stick with what you do well
Kimber does things well..just a quick comparison...I bought a Shield Plus for its size, the grip feel, the trigger and the capacity. The R7 Mako checks all those boxes PLUS offers ambi recessed mag release and slide releases. Those features are important to me. I've moved the mag release on every pistol I own when I could.

You guys can keep knocking it...but I think Kimber has a home run with this. They let everyone else introduce theirs and then showed them all how it should be done.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Kimber does things well..just a quick comparison...I bought a Shield Plus for its size, the grip feel, the trigger and the capacity. The R7 Mako checks all those boxes PLUS offers ambi recessed mag release and slide releases. Those features are important to me. I've moved the mag release on every pistol I own when I could.

You guys can keep knocking it...but I think Kimber has a home run with this. They let everyone else introduce theirs and then showed them all how it should be done.
I'm not knocking the gun.
Well... the Optic is a steaming pile of shit, but if the trigger is good and its reliable it should get the Kimber buyers who like the Hellcat.

The price isnt bad at all, unless it reflects the quality.
Who knows....its too soon to tell.
Kimber CAN make a damn good gun.

I would recommend saving $200 and just getting the OR version and add a quality optic yourself.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not knocking the gun.
Well... the Optic is a steaming pile of shit, but if the trigger is good and its reliable it should get the Kimber buyers who like the Hellcat.

The price isnt bad at all, unless it reflects the quality.
Who knows....its too soon to tell.
Kimber CAN make a damn good gun.

I would recommend saving $200 and just getting the OR version and add a quality optic yourself.
I had a P365 and still have a P365XL whose triggers are superb. My Shield Plus rivals them. I'm looking for the R7 Mako to step that up a notch after Sootch00 showing and describing it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had a P365 and still have a P365XL whose triggers are superb. My Shield Plus rivals them. I'm looking for the R7 Mako to step that up a notch after Sootch00 showing and describing it.
I'm spoiled on 1911 triggers.
;)
Wife has a Q5 Match which has the best trigger in a striker gun I have ever felt, so they CAN be made well.
The video Chuck posted has a few remarks about the trigger.

Reactions: JC45
1 - 20 of 161 Posts