Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kimber Stainless II 45 Long Slide came in today. The finish is perfect. Slide to frame fitment is pretty good, barrel lockup is tight. Trigger has a little creep in it but not bad. I pulled it out of the box, wiped the oil off the surface and put it on the floor for a pic.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

When I turned around, there were two loaded magazines on my tv stand. I thought, “What the hell?” I shoved one in, walked out to the porch and emptied it into the pasture.

No hiccups of any kind. Slide locked back on empty. A little less recoil than I remember those 45’s having. Was pleasant to shoot. No complaints here, none. I’ve had nothing but issues with Kimber 10mm 1911s but they can definitely build a 45. I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
Nice looking Long Slide...I wonder why I don't have one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kimber Stainless II 45 Long Slide came in today. The finish is perfect. Slide to frame fitment is pretty good, barrel lockup is tight. Trigger has a little creep in it but not bad. I pulled it out of the box, wiped the oil off the surface and put it on the floor for a pic.
View attachment 134052
When I turned around, there were two loaded magazines on my tv stand. I thought, “What the hell?” I shoved one in, walked out to the porch and emptied it into the pasture.

No hiccups of any kind. Slide locked back on empty. A little less recoil than I remember those 45’s having. Was pleasant to shoot. No complaints here, none. I’ve had nothing but issues with Kimber 10mm 1911s but they can definitely build a 45. I’m happy with it.
I have an identical gun to the one above. And I can't rack the slide, it is so hard, In addition, the striations on the slide are SHARP and hard on the thumb. Does Kimber make a "softer" recoil spring for this model that I could rack? Or is there an after-market part? I went to the gun shop and looked at a current model, and it was easier to rack. By the way, I've put about 400 rounds thru my gun. Everyone tells me to put 1000 thru it before the slide gets easier. But I hope that's not the case as that spring should last longer than that.

·
Administrator
41,672 Posts
Nice looking Long Slide...I wonder why I don't have one?
I'm really surprised that you don't have 3 or 4 lying around, did you check all the way back on the bottom shelf of all your gun safes?😁

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
HA! Kid, Chuck, Paul hard to believe I know. Nope nothing on the back of the bottom shelf. I guess since I have the long barrel revolvers I couldn’t see a need for a long barrel 1911. You never know what I’ll find shopping online.
But really who else has a long slide .45? Any of you guys?
That’s a good question: How many long slide models has Kimber offered?

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
28 Posts
View attachment 134052

Beautiful gun. I was tempted to get the 10mm version of that, but I wanted to have the option to carry too, so I got the 5" model in 10mm. Flawless after a trip to the mother ship. Congrats!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have an identical gun to the one above. And I can't rack the slide, it is so hard, In addition, the striations on the slide are SHARP and hard on the thumb. Does Kimber make a "softer" recoil spring for this model that I could rack? Or is there an after-market part? I went to the gun shop and looked at a current model, and it was easier to rack. By the way, I've put about 400 rounds thru my gun. Everyone tells me to put 1000 thru it before the slide gets easier. But I hope that's not the case as that spring should last longer than that.
Very surprised. This one is easier to rack than the government model. My 14yo has no problem with this one. No sharp edges on serations either.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a great looking gun, I've never had the pleasure of shooting a long slide.
I figured it would feel different, it doesn’t. Does shoot a little softer, longer recoil spring and more weight in the slide. Operationally, feels no different. Sight acquisition was just as easy, actually faster after first shot since it has less muzzle flip.

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
@2sharp2 I suggest you take the plunge! No recoil
..Lazer like precision....blast to shoot
If I do it will have to be a .45. I am mostly seeing long slides in 10mm which I don't want cause I don't want to start stock piling 10mm ammo.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
If I do it will have to be a .45. I am mostly seeing long slides in 10mm which I don't want cause I don't want to start stock piling 10mm ammo.
Shopping with Arlands money for a Kimber longslide .45?
Oh hell yes.
🤘😎🤘
Don't you worry buddy, we won't let that bad ole' money burn a hole in your pocket.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts