Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Isn't that the same texture they call "grenade"

Brother, I don't know where you guys keep getting this information from but to date no one has ever produced anything to support this. Springfield Armory has done nothing of the sort. People were pissed off about the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA) withdrawing its protest of the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. The deal would exempt Illinois manufacturers from requiring an IL license to sell firearms. They did so to protect its members. That's all it was. IL has been fully run by democrats for over 40 years. The bill was going to pass regardless of their protest.

Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms, the two biggest manufacturers in IL were found guilty by association. Springfield Armory severed its ties with the IFMA the next day. So these "anti-2A" organizations they were donating to is the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association. Hardly an anti-2A org. Please stop spreading that story. There is nothing true about it.
The IFMA funded the politicians that wrote SB1657, and have donated to the IL gun grabbers for years.
When you lie with dogs you end up with fleas.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
So has the NRA. That's how politics work. You want a favor, it requires a donation. No way around it.
No.
That's how theft works.
They get away with it because people are lazy and apathetic about it.

Don't get me started on the NRA.
They pushed for, and supported every single gun control law on the books, including the NFA.
Im also a lifetime member, and would drive to Wayne's house if I thought I could get a refund .

I hate thieves with every fiber of my being.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I wish that were true. Both sides do it. The NRA has donated millions to republicans and their campaigns. That’s not a sides of the isle issue.
It is true.

The NRA isn't our side.

They took tens of millions of dollars of our dues and used them to build marketing tsunami to get more dues. They laundered a portion to fund Wayne's rock star lifestyle of bespoke suits, private jets and mansions, while supporting every major gun control law, which they used in their marketing to get more poor saps to pay more donations.
They do not fight for your rights. They are not a friend to gun owners.
Take the time to look deeper than a headline.

The GOA and the VCDL are what the NRA should be. They actually fight, and have won victories for gun owners.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It is true.

The NRA isn't our side.

They took tens of millions of dollars of our dues and used them to build marketing tsunami to get more dues. They laundered a portion to fund Wayne's rock star lifestyle of bespoke suits, private jets and mansions, while supporting every major gun control law, which they used in their marketing to get more poor saps to pay more donations.
They do not fight for your rights. They are not a friend to gun owners.
Take the time to look deeper than a headline.

The GOA and the VCDL are what the NRA should be. They actually fight, and have won victories for gun owners.
I am a GOA member because of that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Or maybe 'pineapple'? I can tell you that my soft, girly hands were raw after 100 rounds. :) The Grip Zone was silly marketing, but the design was a vast improvement
So far, my 4” 40 S&W XD Mod 2 is the most comfortable polymer I own. The grip zone text doesn’t bother me a bit. Much to do about nothing in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
The only issue I've ever had with Springfield was after I bought the first generation XD/s, it was recalled. That's always disappointing, but it happens. They made the shipping back and forth pretty easy and returned it to me in less than two weeks, including shipping time. The second was a defective RDS on my Hellcat that would not hold zero. They sent a replacement without any hassle, and it worked fine.

With Kimber, only once. The safety on my Micro 380 was binding. I thought it was a break-in thing, but it wasn't getting better after 200 rounds. Rather than my habit of fixing it myself, I decided warranty repair was best. Same thing as SA. I had it back in two weeks, and it's worked well ever since.
I had an XDS 45 and the day I bought it the recall was issued. Like you said, it happens.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts