Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used Kimber Talkeetna and the hood on the front sight is loose(moves/jiggles front to back). Just curious if this is normal for the Talkeetna or is something wrong with the sight.

Appreciate any information you can provide.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
@Kkovar, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Sorry don't have a Talkeetna rifle but I'm pretty sure the front sight (moves/jiggles) is NOT normal...

Is the hood removable? Set screws that can be tightened? Just throwing out wild ideas.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response and yes the hood is removable, slides rearward. Don't find a set screw that can be tighten. There is a screw located behind the hood that acts as a stop, however there is space between the rear of the hood and the screw that allows for the movement.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Not a whole lot of Kimber rifle owners here, none of mine have sights. Maybe when Rick comes along he can offer some insight.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
583 Posts
You say the hood slides and locks in. Can you expand the hood for a tighter fit? I had a good on my Marlin that I could expand or compress.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

can't help with the Kimber rifle...

...maybe pics would help with folks helping you out... pic worth 1000 words...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Argee nailed it. A front sight hood is easily tweaked by lightly bending the sheet metal hood in or out (usually 'in') a bit to give a tight fit in the sight boss recess. Done it for years on lever guns and rimfire rifles; easy, no big deal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just purchased a used Kimber Talkeetna and the hood on the front sight is loose(moves/jiggles front to back). Just curious if this is normal for the Talkeetna or is something wrong with the sight.

Appreciate any information you can provide.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts