Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kimber to my knowledge has never been a participant on a forum. But it would seem to be a wise business move to at least browse the forums to see what people like or dislike about their products. So, in the off chance KMI is "spying", what would you like to see produced, improved or modified etc direct from the factory?

I have a few but will start with this one for now. We have all been led to believe that KMI produces ALL the parts for their 1911s in house either final machining of forgings or through MIM process. Therefore there is really little reason why their mag guides/wells do not match or blend better with the frame. Or dont bevel the frames on the models you put mag guides on. Simple

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Since they appear to have cornered the market on Meprolight sights, why not put them on every gun. I haven't met anyone who prefers an all black set of sights over one with night sights or at least white dot.

Reactions: glokrok

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Include TWO magazines with each gun. They can't be that expensive to make.

Reactions: glokrok and Oreste

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
For the price we pay for the Kimber brand, I would like to see a recoil spring that doesn't have to be replaced after a few months of range practice.
We all know they are available through Wilson and other manufacturers...
Also, maybe a different coating on the slides that will last longer..
I have a PC2 9mm that the slide looks like it has ten years of service and it's only 2 years old..

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Feds and lawyers require the cable lock, but I agree, Jeff.

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
I would like to see them actually open a custom shop.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
How about a case with foam cut outs to actually form fit around the gun instead of the generic egg crate stuff. Kimber is the only brand of gun I've ever purchased that doesn't come with a nicer case.

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Ambi safety standard on all models. Not everyone is right handed.
You don't have to be left handed to want an ambi safety, that is one of the main features I look for when shopping for a new gun.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You don't have to be left handed to want an ambi safety, that is one of the main features I look for when shopping for a new gun.
I feel the same way! Planning to have private lessons to learn to shoot left handed in the near future (since I am a natural lefty, but learned to shoot right handed as a kid). Ambi safety is a required feature on all my guns.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Custom shop. They do but they don't. It's not like SACS. You can't buy all your own parts from various vendors and send them in with your gun.

But you can send in your gun and have any of the features from other models applied to yours. As long as everything is Kimber parts.

At SA there seems to be a true divide between the custom shop and the rest of it. For the purpose of making money. Which is fine.

At kimber it seems it is about protecting the brand across the board. They are not there to install your Wilson parts.

But maybe a phone call will provide more. They seem to have gotten much better about CS since the change in leadership.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
100% agree Night Sights and at least TWO magazines.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For the price we pay for the Kimber brand, I would like to see a recoil spring that doesn't have to be replaced after a few months of range practice.
We all know they are available through Wilson and other manufacturers...
Also, maybe a different coating on the slides that will last longer..
I have a PC2 9mm that the slide looks like it has ten years of service and it's only 2 years old..
As far as finish I can see the inevitable change to black nitride or other form of tinifer like finish on certain models seen as duty class guns. Like the Warrior and TLE models. It will of course raise the price about 200 bucks. KimPro is not the answer. And if and when they ever go back to Type III hard anodize on their alloy guns I will then buy one. And anodizing them is less work and cost. So I do not get the spray finish on alloy.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts