Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Admin,

I am curious about the word filter used here.

The filter accepts words such as fuck shit cunt cocksucker motherfucker asshole... on and on and on. However, my dog's name is banned, *******. I'll add a second g on the end so the filter accepts my dog's name and you can see it. Coondogg.

Could you explain this?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
39,133 Posts
Good question Phil, I'd like to see some of the examples you've sited blocked. This is something that is controlled way over my head, I hope we can get a timely response to your question.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Dear Admin,

The filter accepts words such as fuck shit cunt cocksucker motherfucker asshole... on and on and on. However, my dog's name is banned, ***. I'll add a second g on the end so the filter accepts my dog's name and you can see it. Coondogg.

Could you explain this?

Thanks.
There isnt a rational explaination

Canadians own the site, and will be offended for you just in case you arent enough of a victim.
Freedom isn't something they are familiar with, so it terrifies them.

They censor "red neck" too if I type it as one word.
lol.

I think you know exactly why this is happening.
:)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It's simple, really. Cursing is just ill-mannered, but racism is evil. Is your dog's name racist? Well, no. But if someone is both a snowflake AND particularly unintelligent (but I repeat myself) their feelings may still be hurt if they inadvertently read it... and we can't have that! You can never virtue signal hard enough I MEAN BE TOO CAREFUL when it comes to feelings of the very special contestants in the Oppression Olympics. Or worse, the army of white knights who live to take up their offenses. As for Canada, well. Justin Trudeau is still Prime Tampon... need we say more?

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
This should be interesting? That's like my hound dog's name, it could be deemed racist. His name is Kracker. Why not being racist but because he was born on the 4th of July. Short for Fire Kracker or the popcorn caramel snack Kracker Jack's. Smelling stuff even in the snow.
Snow Dog Liver Carnivore Hound

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dear Admin,

The filter accepts words such as fuck shit cunt cocksucker motherfucker asshole... on and on and on. However, my dog's name is banned, ***. I'll add a second g on the end so the filter accepts my dog's name and you can see it. Coondogg.

Could you explain this?

Thanks.
Funny, maybe BLM is the reason.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's simple, really. Cursing is just ill-mannered, but racism is evil. Is your dog's name racist? Well, no. But if someone is both a snowflake AND particularly unintelligent (but I repeat myself) their feelings may still be hurt if they inadvertently read it... and we can't have that! You can never virtue signal hard enough I MEAN BE TOO CAREFUL when it comes to feelings of the very special contestants in the Oppression Olympics. Or worse, the army of white knights who live to take up their offenses. As for Canada, well. Justin Trudeau is still Prime Tampon... need we say more?
You kinda hit the nail on the head.

Cursing is just an expression whereas bigoted words and remarks are meant to be insulting. The sight owners are running a business. They want sponsors, donations, and want to be associated with. It is bad for business when certain words are used. It is their site, business, and investment on the line, so I have no issue with whatever steps they deem necessary to keep it afloat. Just reword or spell what you are wanting to say, and keep it moving. If you don't want to do that, you are welcome to start your own forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts