Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just passed a huge gun store in Bardstown, about 30 minutes from my house, so I grabbed my iPad (wife driving) and looked it up. What caught my attention was that they had a Royal II for less than I paid on gun broker and about $400 less than MSRP. And it was in stock, which is very unusual for that gun.

Anyhow, it is easiest to compare prices (and availability) based on something you have looked for, bought, etc., and based on the Royal, their prices look good. And they look to be very large and well-stocked. The building is huge.

I feel a field trip coming on. No wait, I'm under a gun-buying moratorium. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Princess needs a sister.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have ordered from them. no problems . prices good but I bought my ar15 from somewhere else for a better price. they have fair prices on kimber , sig and they get the hard to find guns from what I've seen. if they don't have what you want in stock you can have them email you when they get one in but its 1st come. great place to have 30 minutes away.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Oh, yes. A Stainless Raptor or a Stainless Raptor Pro. Both have stainless steel frames, too. A year or so from now, that may be on my list. Unless someone wants to swap for a Crimson Carry II + some $

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
148 Posts
OMG!! My fiancée said she wasn't exactly against me getting this Royal. Though she made it clear I didn't need it. Come tomorrow lets see if I pull the trigger

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Well, today is yesterdays tomorrow did you get it? LOL

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Be prepared to visit a jewelry store in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois dkshep502.

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
Jesse James Rifles

I just looked at the Kentucky Gun Company website. Off the top of my head it looked like some pretty good pistol prices from a few makers I looked at. Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Charter Arms.

They were showing two rifles made by "Jesse James Firearms" (who I think is one of the biggest dumbass's ever), last I read they were just taking orders for them. The rifles were very expensive, made Colts and others look like a good deal. I guess it would be no surprise that I would never buy a rifle or anything else with his name on it.

Rant over.

Reactions: Dude22

·
Registered
148 Posts
Having a tough time pulling the trigger. I'm not giving up yet

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome, dkshep502.

Welcome to KimberTalk Logo most expensive.JPG

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think 'Her Majesty' needs a KING. Maybe a Stainless Raptor?!?!
Actually, the next purchase will have to be for THE MONSTER, (aka, my younger son) who now appreciates the beauty of a Kimber. He wants a Desert Warrior which is in my "Not Ugly" category, along with a stainless raptor.

But alas, an October wedding to pay for looms large and the day after giving me the "OMG! It cost how much?" look about the Royal, my wife bought tiny lights and table decorations to the tune of $700. I kept my own OMG! look to myself. :eek:

Reactions: Chickadee

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes we in Ky are lucky. I hit Ky Gun Co about once a month just to see any good deals.:)
I keep saying I need to make the 60 minute drive to Lexington to visit Bud's Gun Shop (who has a range too) but then I saw KyGunCo just 30 minutes away in Bardstown where my granddaughter lives. :) Field trip!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Having a tough time pulling the trigger. I'm not giving up yet
If it helps, that gun is way prettier than Kimber's pics and does not disappoint at the range.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts