Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Depending on the model the Thompson had a fire rate of 600 - 1500 RPM. Can you imagine the ammo you could go through with one of those bad baby's?

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
A Thompson in your arms and a Kimber on your hip. ;) Oooooo, wee! That gets the BVDs tight.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My Sheriffs department has one that was purchased in the 1920's.
They built a special display case for it. Back in the 70's I shot it several times. Even carried it on a couple of bank robbery road blocks .
Seemed to me that you could almost see the bullet after it left the barrel and before it hit the target. When I used it, it had only one magazine a straight design. They found and purchased a drum magazine for it in the display case. Kind a neat and scary looking.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Since I was a kid watching Vic Morrow on the TV show "Combat", I have always wanted a Thompson!

·
Registered
747 Posts
"Since I was a kid watching Vic Morrow on the TV show "Combat", I have always wanted a Thompson!"

Wow did you just give away your age! :)

Reactions: GiGi

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Loved to watch Combat.

Being an army brat, it just seemed natural.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Combat was one of my favorites along with Twelve O'clock High and Rat Patrol.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
"Since I was a kid watching Vic Morrow on the TV show "Combat", I have always wanted a Thompson!"

Wow did you just give away your age! :)
No mystery, thought everyone knew I was old. In twenty days (59).
I think I'm in the average age group for this crew.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We all loved that show. They also used M1 Carbines and 1911s. Did you know Vic Morrow's daughter is Jennifer Jason Leigh. Here is a picture of her dressed as her father. :D

Did you know Vic got his head chopped off by a "chopper" doing a movie scene set in Nam? Twilight Zone. What a way to go.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts